• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

D20 transfer case inspection plate

mduenas

Loc.
Los Angeles
Anyone know where to buy a new one? Mine is warped, gasket won't seal. I even used a very thick gasket sealer that Toyota uses on transmissions, still leaking from the bottom. It is slightly bent and I am afraid to over tighten it. Thank you!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Doubt you will ever find a new one. Used ones. Although not listed, any of the Bronco venders probably has some around. I am sure Driven Auto Parts (vender on this page) will have one if you call and ask.
At one time there was the gear gawker (plastic one).

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
It might be the bolt holes leaking. There are 4 through bolts that must be sealed.

OP
OP
M

mduenas

Loc.
Los Angeles
Doubt you will ever find a new one. Used ones. Although not listed, any of the Bronco venders probably has some around. I am sure Driven Auto Parts (vender on this page) will have one if you call and ask.
At one time there was the gear gawker (plastic one).

Have not heard of that vender, thank you! I'll check it out!

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Don't use a gasket. Silicone works fine and doesn't dimple the plate around the bolt holes.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
I have the WH cover, great product, seal's great, very solid.;D

Attachments

• IMG_2765.jpg
    IMG_2765.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2781.jpg
    IMG_2781.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2787.jpg
    IMG_2787.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2785.jpg
    IMG_2785.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 70

70_Steve

Old Guy
I have the WH cover, great product, seal's great, very solid.;D
I went the more cost-effective route and just bought a piece of 1/2" thick aluminum and made my own. Cost me $10 and works great!!!

DaveLev

Those pictures win the award for cleanest looking D20 transfer case EVER. Holy cow.