• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

daily drive

randall

I wouldnt have it any other way, its the most fun thing ive ever driven. I also drive it to and from school every day and its got 4.88s and a detroit in the rear. So yours is good to go.

Draper69

Loc.
Oroville Ca.
I have stock gears and a detroit in the back plus no power steering on 33's and I love driving it everyday. Buy since the clutch went out its been the 85 deseil burb.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I drive about 40 miles everyday, with 4.11 gears and a detroit. But I am spoiled with modern ammenities like power 4-wheel disc brakes, power steering, and overdrive which makes the Bronco a dream to drive. People behind me get dizzy from my exhaust in traffic. I used to think they were crying but then I realized the fumes were making their eyes water. I was thinking about putting A/C in it next summer, but I think my hard earned money would be better spent on a Supercharger for my Mustang. The Bronco is gearing up now for its long trip down to Pomona...

Jeep Slayer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wildomar California
I try to drive mine every day but just around town as it would be a 100 mile trip round trip to work and not only would that drain me of cash for the gas but it would put WAY to many miles on the rig that I could use on the trail.

fatcatmatt74

Loc.
Jupiter FL
76 fullcab i drive 154 miles round trip every other day to work and yes the gas station and me are very close ;D<br>the only real B@&$H is 10.7 mpg and the stock tank. lotsa gas stops. ;).BUT i just drove it to fl from nc and not a bit of trouble 91/2 hrs at 70-75mph at 3200rpm.<br>LOTSA gas stops. All in all I wouldnt trade it for <br>anything ...... well almost anything.......... ;D

hackyrat

4 miles round trip to work for 15 years in the Bronc. Gosh I'm tire of workin. :'(

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
[quote author=75_Bronco link=board=5;threadid=9006;start=0#64295 date=1031799757]<br>who in here uses their bronc as a daily drive?<br>i was just wondering because i drive mine to and from school ( a good 20 miles) everyday.<br>i love my bronc!<br>Paul<><<br>[/quote]<br><br>I use mine to hold down the cement in my garage. It works pretty darn good to. ;D<br><br>I have some carb problems right now that once I get fixed it will become my daily driver.

G

I drive mine to work every day in Phoenix, 50 miles round trip. Topless in the summer, and full soft topped/ soft doored in the winter. Luckily the EFI nets me around 19mpg and I can't complain about gas. My '74 was 10-12 mpg. I just got my 14 gallon aux tank hooked up, so I should be able to cruise for almost 2 weeks without a refill. It is loud at cruising speeds, and the detroit in the back makes for some major torque-steer when you load/ unload the driveline at 85mph. Windshield wipers? I use Rain Ex without wipers!! The flowmaster 3" 3 chambers are loud, but setting off car alarms is lots of fun. (that will teach 'em to set the sensitivity so high!!) Power steering (added barely 2 months ago) made it much more pleasant to park. Disk brakes give me a fighting chance of stopping the beast. I'm thinking of going to an AOD, guess I'm getting old and lazy. First generation Bronco as a daily driver? Definitely. Just be prepared for some double-takes!!