• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 20 rear output known to fail?

OP
OP
Okie69

Okie69

Contributor
It’ll cost me an upgraded rear output and the time to fix it…and some gear oil…. And maybe the cost of upgrading to 1350 joints while I’m at it.

No snowball no! You won’t start rolling this time!

OP
OP
Okie69

Okie69

Contributor
trying to drive off the obstacle post output shaft grenade. Resulted in more carnage.

IMG_1380.jpeg

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Seen a few of those!!!! :)

Could you make it out?

OP
OP
Okie69

Okie69

Contributor
Seen a few of those!!!! :)

Could you make it out?
combination of winching and another bronco pulling me with a strap got me off the trail. Then a tow back to the trailer by that same bronco.

But I did drive onto the trailer with my remaining 1 drive wheel!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Although I never needed them, I kept a set of full time drive slugs in my tool bag. Just in case a hub went boom.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Although I never needed them, I kept a set of full time drive slugs in my tool bag. Just in case a hub went boom.
Same here, 'cept I hauled around spare Warn hubs for 25 yrs for the same reason.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
It was an impressive few minutes of carnage😂

Watching the run with momentum onto the trailer with 1 fire spinning was epic🤣🤣

I gave up carrying spare 44 hubs and just ran the slugs. Seemed like they broke getting off the trailer….. then it was everything else😂 went to rockwells that I still own and use and never looked back.

nvrstuk

Contributor
WHOOOA, I looked up to verify the Yukon's I run in my D60 were chrome moly and they are... and now they are $654.00 for a set of HUBS!!! wth?

I can't afford this hobby, at least not to start out all over again!

When did they triple in price? Holy $*#($&^Q(&

OP
OP
Okie69

Okie69

Contributor
I was surprised too! These weren’t quite that much but still right at 400! IMG_1381.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1368.jpeg
    IMG_1368.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 11

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
WHOOOA, I looked up to verify the Yukon's I run in my D60 were chrome moly and they are... and now they are $654.00 for a set of HUBS!!! wth?

I can't afford this hobby, at least not to start out all over again!

When did they triple in price? Holy $*#($&^Q(&
My preproduction set are still holding strong lol. Can’t read the dials anymore but still work fine.

Saw my first broken one on our new years trip, it was earned lol. We found some nasty stuff on that trip.

OP
OP
Okie69

Okie69

Contributor
My preproduction set are still holding strong lol. Can’t read the dials anymore but still work fine.

Saw my first broken one on our new years trip, it was earned lol. We found some nasty stuff on that trip.
Ha we sure did. It was a Sunday drive until it wasn’t!