• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 44 Front Ball Joints

Swerve

I just received my new Spicer ball joints for my 44 front. They have no provisions for grease fittings.

Does anyone know of a good quality ball joint which has grease fittings?

Is Spicer the better / strongest option?

Thanks! Swerve

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I replaced mine with napa premium (blue tops) and they had fitting to install and caps for once greased. I've been told the napa prems are made by Raybestos i.e. the same.

Tim

edmedlin

Loc.
Republic Missouri
The sealed ball joints have one thing going for them. They are sealed away from water and dirt and last longer, even than the unsealed ones with fittings. Don't worry about them. They might last longer than the rest of the front-end.