• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dash bar lights not working

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Took my heater switch out so in doing so I removed the dash bar lights that light up and tell what the heater controls, etc to make it easier shot at the switch.. I out the back in and they don't work now. Neither set and so I plugged them half way into the pigtail and ran a ground off of one lead and that set works. So I'm figuring there must be a ground wire that grounds all those dash bar lights. Anybody know where that wire is? Maybe I unhooked it and didn't realize it?

Thank,

Blue71

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You may have simply damaged them during the fiddling too. As far as I know, there is no separate ground wire that goes anywhere to the case. Only the two wires at the connector.

So check both wires that connect to them. Do the same test for the second one you did for the first too. Take it out and see if that makes a difference.
If so, then either loose connector wires, loose connection inside (though kind of unlikely I think, based on how they're wired), or just the jiggling burned out a bulb or three.

Good luck.

Paul

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
You can also check the lights themselves by hooking them up to a 9 volt battery

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Took my heater switch out so in doing so I removed the dash bar lights that light up and tell what the heater controls, etc to make it easier shot at the switch.. I out the back in and they don't work now. Neither set and so I plugged them half way into the pigtail and ran a ground off of one lead and that set works. So I'm figuring there must be a ground wire that grounds all those dash bar lights. Anybody know where that wire is? Maybe I unhooked it and didn't realize it?

Thank,

Blue71

Ground wire connects on the dash below the cigar lighter.