• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dash opinions, looking for feedback

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Call it like you see it! what are yall making those with?

I am just using a simple photoshop program, not even a full version. A old program I have had for years.

Now back to the subject. Josh your template your using must not be to the proper scale, as there really isn't as much room between the steering and the radio.

If you look at my dash, if you put the speedo where mine is, and take out my Alt gauge, there is still plenty of room for a speaker. Then on the right side of the steering you will have room for the other guages, and the F150 vent.

My head unit is about a 1/2 inch offset to the left, but this will give you a idea

Also the cable routing for the speedo is a lot easier here

Attachments

• AAAtitodash.JPG
    AAAtitodash.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 80
  • AAAtitodash2.JPG
    AAAtitodash2.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I like the first one (on the left) I think. When I re-do my dash, I'm not going to put a stereo unit in it (it's in the tuffy console). And, I'll probably lose the stock cluster. I like it because it's so unique to broncos, but I won't really need it.

I'd say lose it and use new gauges.

Just my .02

JiM

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Photo trickery? I got ya. Was thinkin you might be a "tank tapper"!

I like your dash simple, clean and no bs! mine may end up even cleaner than that! Slightest hint I can live without it, it wont be there....knobs buttons switches and what not.

seahawkfan

Loc.
Vacaville, Ca
F150 vents

Hey Tito,
Where do you plan to get the F150 vents? Those damned things are expensive nea and I can't find them in a boneyard around here.

Jeff

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I got a set of 4 on ebay, I am only using 2, they are the ones with the chrome ring and silver centers. Shoot me an offer if you are just looking for 2.

knack

Contributor
If you're planning to use a stock hand throttle setup, make sure you save a spot for it right in front of the accelerator pedal bracket. There wasn't any extra length in the cable when I mounted mine.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Mine was on the left side above the gas switcher, I'll have it just to the right of it. Its too bad the bezels are part of the mechanisms cause the throttle one is nice and long and would allow for the others to be relocated but they are 1 piece. I guess you could get it off but I am sure I would fubar it.

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
If I ever do another dash (im sure I will) I probably will ditch the stock speedo head. That last one looks like the ticket Tito.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
You guys are killing me, I love the stock speedo, just not where it is located stock. I will put a white face on it, possibly the luminescent kit later to match the auto meter colors, it is pretty much the same blue I believe.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Here is a pic of the f150 vents, they are 3" outside with 2.75" tube mounts on the back.

Attachments

• IMG00209.jpg
    IMG00209.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG00210.jpg
    IMG00210.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 14

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Tito or anyone else, What considerations do I need to make for deleting the old stock gauge cluster and adding the new autometers in place of it?

Specifically I am worried about amp draw on the circuit that runs the lights? Any worry about blowing fuses or are the stock bulbs more of less the same as the autometers?

Ben

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I wasn't sweating it, I am sure the draw is nominal, especially if.using the led ones. I was just going to daisy chain the powers and grounds.

Dowd

Loc.
Springfield, OR
I like the last one. Let me double check (got distracted thinking about those heater vents) Yup the last one.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I modified my speaker grilles, heck, since its getting laser cut why not go cool, since it is hazardous waste green, why not throw a little bio-hazard in there for the speaker grilles. ;D

Attachments

• dash5 copy.jpg
    dash5 copy.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Here is a color rendition, I sucked at the stock speedo but I think the rest came out decent.

Attachments

• dash5color copy.jpg
    dash5color copy.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like the speaker grills, nice touch. May want to make a little more open for good tunes though.