• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Debating on the color.....thinking (non OEM) mustard yellow

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
I've been tossing around what color to paint my 74 EB. I know I'm jumping the shark since I haven't done anything to it besides build the rotisserie, but still I ponder. I am really leaning towards going non OEM, but still keep it a more vintage color. I'm thinking FJ40 mustard yellow.

Tell me what you think.................aka flame on!!!!;D

Attachments

• 4145431844_c493c74c42.jpg
    4145431844_c493c74c42.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 75

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I like it too. Flame on -- thats alright.sorta like rave on catshot I got'ya covered.:)

OP
OP
sellitall

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
Thanks for the moral support guys ;D!!! Definitely gonna shoot the grille center and hardtop OEM wimbeldon white. Not sure about the stock rim color. Either stock gray or white?????

Broncofan76

Loc.
Atlanta
for vintage colors I like the coppers if you like more subtle and orange (calypso coral i think) if you want it wild.
I went with ford dark shadow grey metallic and I really like it so far. Of course i only have the hood and one rear quarter wet sanded and compounded but so far i really like the choice. Good luck man! I debated the color thing long before it was time to choose as well.

OP
OP
sellitall

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
My father-in-law swears this was a similar color painted on the EB restored on Overhaulin'. Well, I googled for a pic and here you go. Is it a stock Ford color similar to the Toyota yellow?

Attachments

• 309762.jpg
    309762.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 98

tinytim02

Contributor
Ford had some similar colors to the FJ40 Mustard Yellow. My '72 is Prairie Yellow (code K) from the factory and it looks pretty close to the FJ color.

Attachments

• PICT0064a.jpg
    PICT0064a.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 42

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
The FJ Yellow is SO close to the Ford Yellow that I wouldn't give it a second thought because it is win-win: You get the color you want and it still looks original. Great color choice.