• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Depin Connectors for Amp Research Power Steps

betzgb

Contributor
Anyone know how to depin the wires from the main connector that goes to the controller on my AMp Research Power Steps? I haven't worked with connectors like it before.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6805.jpg
    IMG_6805.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6806.jpg
    IMG_6806.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 34

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
At the risk of being called a smart a$$, do you intend to use that connector again? If not, just simply clip them. You can always make up another type of connector to make life easier to navigate.

Randy

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are those a variation on the Deutsch connectors? The wire end looks somewhat like it.
If so (and even if not) there are probably pin tools specifically for your setup. I still have not done it, but there are tools now like a key-ring that have twenty or thirty different de-pin tools hanging from them. I have an older version with just six pins that remove things like GM and Ford old style connectors and Weatherpacks, but not the new ones.

Sounds like it would be worth it in this case.
You trying to get it through a smaller hole than the connector will allow?

Paul

OP
OP
B

betzgb

Contributor
Randy and Paul thanks for the replies. Yes I need to reuse it as it plugs directly into the amp research brain so the connector type must match. I don't have much slack in the wiring to play with unfortunately so I am trying avoid cutting and splicing. Ideally I would depin, run wires through a smaller hole in the firewall and repin. Worried I am going to tear it up in the process...

OP
OP
B

betzgb

Contributor
Solved! After messing with this some more this morning I was able to depin them using this video -

This seems to just be a molex connector. Thanks for the ideas.