• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Did I get a good deal?

collinbrewer

Loc.
Austin
Picked up my first Bronco yesterday for $3k, good deal?

It's a 1977, Fresh white paint, Rebuilt C4 auto, All glass is good except windshield, no engine but it came with two 302 blocks and an entire 5.0 HO from a '91 Mustang GT(roller cam). All removed parts are bagged and labeled. Lots of new parts("Bronco" valve cover gaskets, windshield knobs, window gaskets).

Enough talk, pictures!

DSC_3978.JPG

DSC_3979.JPG

DSC_3980.JPG

DSC_3981.JPG

DSC_3982.JPG

DSC_3988.JPG

DSC_3989JPG

DSC_3990.JPG

DSC_3993.JPG

DSC_3994.JPG

DSC_3996.JPG

DSC_3997.JPG

DSC_3998.JPG

Good deal?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
WoW... :eek: :eek: I would have to say YES... but I'll follow this thread to see everyone's opinions as well.. Looks sweet though.. You got a GREAT Base to work off of, that's for sure... :D ;D

Dave

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I would say you got an awesome deal on that! :) The tub and top look in real solid shape with no rust I could spot - floor pans, door posts, bed all look good. What's nice is that now, from this stage, you can build it anyway you want! Keep us posted with a build/completion thread. Good luck!

So, which engine are going to put in it?

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
Very good deal. You even got a Stroppe roll bar with it it looks like. Have fun with it. I hope you keep it uncut.

OP
OP
collinbrewer

collinbrewer

Loc.
Austin
Thanks guys, I am so excited to get one that is a blank canvas. I really wasn't looking forward to undoing other owner's doings, but now I get to do whatever I want.

Flash69, I might cut, I might not, we'll see.

sprdv1, I am located in Tomball, TX. Why do you ask?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks guys, I am so excited to get one that is a blank canvas. I really wasn't looking forward to undoing other owner's doings, but now I get to do whatever I want.

Flash69, I might cut, I might not, we'll see.

sprdv1, I am located in Tomball, TX. Why do you ask?

Just curious sir.. where them good deals are at.. ;D Congrats on the find.. :cool:

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Excellent find, that is about as good of a start as you could ever have. But cutting it will make some folks on here cry :cry: :cry: because of the shape it is in. Congrats!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Excellent find, that is about as good of a start as you could ever have. But cutting it will make some folks on here cry :cry: :cry: because of the shape it is in. Congrats!

Yep...yep.. thinking the same thing :(

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Fantastic Deal, i would say!!! You're right, it's a great blank canvas. If it were mine I would lift it high, big tires, but leave it uncut. That's a look I'm really starting to love!

Good luck! Keep us updated!! And let us know if you find any more deals like that!!!

brian72

Early Bronco Student
looks like your wallet is now going to shrink even further...

OP
OP
collinbrewer

collinbrewer

Loc.
Austin
Yes sir, Tomball is south of Oklahoma, TX.

As far as cutting it, I prefer the cut look and am leaning towards that. I know it's sad, but to each his own right? NOW, if someone wants an uncut tub and is willing to swap me a cut tub in equal shape, I would be more than happy to oblige in order to save this uncut original.

PsYcHoBrOnCo

Loc.
Fort Worth, Tx
Damn Dude, you are lucky......All the hardest work is already done (dealing with the body) it should be smooth sailing from here on out, depending on what you do with it. In my opinion I would leave it uncut, its too nice to jack with. Find another with a worse off body to cut up...Excellent find Bro!

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
guys guys i cant believe you are misleading the guy you should sell that thing and get somebody's elses junk ;D anytime you can get fresh paint and sheet metal like that it is a good deal mechanics is the easier part in my opinion especially if you have significant rust dont cut it i have had both and i should have kept the uncut