• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

differences between motor years.

U

Unregistered

what is the diffeerence between motor mounts for a 85 351w and a 89 351w? the reason i ask is i just pulled a 85 model 531w out of a vehiclebut there is a 89 model 351w going back in and i noticed there are different part numbers for motor mounts. am i going to have do make some modification to the mounting towers? or is the difference in how the mount bolts to the block itself?

76 explorer

Broncobowsher

Total hack
No real difference in the motor. Just reuse your old motor mounts. There was probably some change for NVH. I would find it hard to believe that the motor mounts for the '66 to'77 are the same ones without even a slight revision to the '89 mounts.

Use the correct mounts for the vehicle, who cares about the '89 mounts.