• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Distributor wiring for '85 351w in a '68

NoAZ68

Loc.
Northern AZ
Could anyone who has done this conversion help me out with the wiring for this setup. I don't have a diagram and it would be MUCH easier if someone could just tell me how it is wired :) I have the '85 ignition box that plugs into the distributor, but how do I wire the other plug???
Thanks...

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I haven't done the 85 module but it shouldn't be any different than the 76 module if your talking about hooking up the red and white wires its an easy hook upwith a couple of ways to do it hook the red wire from module to original coil wire should be the thick red/green stripe then hook white wire to a 12 volt source off iginition switch the center post on the switch will work fine. you should be good to go after that your original coil wire should still be hooked to coil. your wire colors may be different on the 86 system but 1 should be red the other white if you have a blue that is part of the starting circuit not real sure but I would try hooking up to I terminal on starter solenoid but you may not need to hook it up at all.