• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ditch the B*t@h Weekend Glamis Sand Dunes

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
Great pics. Just an FYI, proper Flag ettiquette should have the American flag mounted on the right side of the rig when mounted in the back.

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Great pics. Just an FYI, proper Flag ettiquette should have the American flag mounted on the right side of the rig when mounted in the back.

Well doggonit... I stand corrected

When flown with flags of states, communities, or societies on separate flag poles which are of the same height and in a straight line, the flag of the United States is always placed in the position of honor - to its own right.

I had it on the left due to the flag being printed on the left side only... and wanted to show it's colors.... same with the USMC flag... only on the right side...so displayed so the colors were brighter on the outside of the vehicle.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention... and for those of you that need a refreshing on etiquette....

LargeUSFlag.gif

http://www.usflag.org/flagetiquette.html

IMG_3685.jpg

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
No Prob. We all need some refreshening once in a while. I use to run a lot of parades and the VFW was always making sure everyone was up to snuff.

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Most of the time it's the guys not flying the flag that complain.... I went mudd'n in the Bronco once and the mud got so deep that the flag touched the mud.... OMG you would think I just ran over this guys dog.... he was all upset me getting the flag muddy..... well at least I was flying a flag in our country that I am proud to be a citizen and a US Marine....

I wish more people would fly the flag!!!!!

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
Most of the time it's the guys not flying the flag that complain.... I went mudd'n in the Bronco once and the mud got so deep that the flag touched the mud.... OMG you would think I just ran over this guys dog.... he was all upset me getting the flag muddy..... well at least I was flying a flag in our country that I am proud to be a citizen and a US Marine....

I wish more people would fly the flag!!!!!

I hear you there!

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
I go on an annual "Mens Retreat" :D in an area that only adds firearms to the list of good times. Same set of rules. Group decision ONLY adds a person to the "retreat" and to rub the group the wrong way and you are EVICTED. Congrats on getting in and good luck to stay in! Its worth the trip every time (as you well know by now).

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Nice pics, thanks for posting. I used to go to Glamis 20 years ago, Easter and Thanksgiving was crowded then. I can only imagine what it's like now. Some of the best weekends of my life back then, I'll never forget them.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was stationed at MCAS Yuma for 3.5 years , it is where I caught the Bronco bug from my buddy McGuire.
I want to say we went to the Buttercup dunes , all I recall is they had their own exit off of I-8. Not a damn thing there except the frontage road and the dunes.

Those sunsets are spectacular , I used to get greeted by sunrises like that every day on my way to my work station.
You have definite calander shots there!

Any chance you can send me a HQ version of those sunset pics, they will make for awesome desktop backgrounds.
Thanks ,
HD