• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ditch the proportioning valve?

OP
OP
broncobuddha

broncobuddha

I do still have the OGs Paul. They were just old and crusty so I replaced them. The leaf spring which seems impossible to keep centered length wise when tapping it in, does overhang both ends when centering it while holding it in your hand. The new and old both do this.

For the cable routing, you'd probably have to go look at my pic (of the caliper on the wrong side) and see how the flex hose ran. I've noticed the block on the end of those hoses, the hole is off set. Do the flex hoses come in a RH or LH orientation? Or are they for either side? I've never looked into that.

Edit: Quick look over on rockauto.com and flex hoses seem to be labeled left and right. Interesting. Instead of swapping them it might not be a bad idea to just replace them.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
True. Especially if they've been twisted up at tight angles over their lifetimes.

The anchor and spring sound ok then. You'd have known pretty quick if you got the wrong parts and I guess I was just looking at the end of the spring having been pushed up close during installation and thinking it might be too short.

Sounds good to go then.

Paul

OP
OP
broncobuddha

broncobuddha

Just went over to Duff's (they're a mile down the road) and picked up new flex hoses. Then I got in the Bronco Garage channel and found an install video by Monster Mike and John of Nashville Early Bronco.

They detailed how the lines do differ by side and how to mount.

0910d9450fca8ce43473235e43b95ce6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk