• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

diy bedliner

cams 76

Loc.
brookings
i put hurkuliner in my bronco. now i am wanting to try somthing different this time. i want a cheap diy. anyone had luck with a different brand? how is the duplicolor?

D1970

Loc.
Bakersfield
can you recoat over another liner and would you want to ive been told once these linners are down thats it. no coming back off but your probly puting it in somthig else so ill keep quit.ther are so many to chose from so good luck with your search

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
I'd stay away from the Duplicolor. People seem to be having good luck with Al's liner. I like the Raptorliner but can't say how well it will hold up yet. There is a number of threads on here on bedliners, do a quick search.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
I may be wrong but I have read that the duraback products are the same material as the hurculiner. Made by the same people in the same plant. These products can be recoated. The durabak comes in many colors and you have the choice of textured or not. I thought seriously about painting on the textured durabk and then coting it with the smooth to take some of the edge of the texture.

I know that people recoat durbak when it is damaged.

Anyway durabak may be your only choice to simply recoat a different color. I
know that if you take a coated bed to rhino liner they will strip the bed before coating.

ogr

Loc.
Vail
I used the Duplicolor bedliner and am happy with the results. Preparation is everything. The roll on product is holding up well. I also used the spray can duplicolor and that really wasn't worth it. It goes on thin and scratches easily. Duplicolor was $10 a gallon cheaper at Autozone vs Checker so shop around if you are gonna give it a try. I've had Rhino lining and Speed Lining in two different trucks...held up great but alot of $. The DIY roll on products are great for a budget fixup.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I like my Raptor Liner, but be careful masking off and spraying it. Take your time.

I agree about Duplicolor, I have that on my interior floor and it just isn't that tough or thick.

farnorthdan

Loc.
Eagle River, Alaska
The duplicolor seams to be ok, I used it on the floorpan patches (from pint) and it seams to be holding up good so far. It will scratch off smooth surfaces though. I also been using the stuff in the spray can on some parts, looks good so far but hasn't really been put to the test yet....we'll see.

Dan

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And no matter what you use always remember to keep it away from your hootis;D ;D

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I used the Duplicolor on my wifes 73. It is cheap (about$100 to do the whole inside tub) but you have to have a rough surface apply it too. It also is not real thick so I did two heavy coats. It looks reall good and has held up well so far. It can also be recoated down the line. I did it more for looks than protection. I think if you want goog protection go with Rino or one of the other commercial liners.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Durabak is the commercial line and herculiner is the mass marketed material. You can buy either from the same company, which I beleive is called Durabak. Too the durabak comes in more colors I beleive. Years ago, I did two coats of thick durabak and it held up pretty well but these days considering cost I could get a local company to spray something better for the same amount of money.

Ben

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
i found a company 5 minutes from my house that makes this stuff and chassis paint. so i went to check it out and it looks pretty good very thick and looks like it is sprayed on. it is called monstaliner made by this company called magnet paint. do a search. i will be buying some soon to do my firewall and floor.

jakestaaa

Anyone ever use these types of products under the hood?
i can decide which way to go. The stock paint isnt gonna cut it...

TSCoating

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Al's Liner! I may be biased though. :)

But seriously, the Duplicolor and SEM have talc and other junk in them. Al's doesn't have that filler crap. :)

TSCoating

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
mikecarrell2.jpg

Here it is on a Chevelle, it is hard to see, but it is the best pic I've got of it.