• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Do I have what I need to mount the fuel tank?

fuentesfranko

I purchased a early '66 bronco recently and it didn't come with a gas tank.
I got one from TBP and upon inspecting my Bronco, I couldn't really figure out if I have the mounts for it. I see that TBP also sells the fuel tank mounts separately.

Can you guys let me know if I have the mounts? I seem to have some sort of mounts, but they look different from what TBP sells and it doesn't make much sense to me they way the are mounted. Also didn't find where the tank Strap would go.?:?

1NEeWTf.jpg

gromtvh.jpg

WYakazY.jpg

6305_stock_rear_tank_brackets.jpg

T7ISfa9.jpg

Last edited:

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, the front and rear pieces you show cradle the top of the tank.
You also need 1 gas tank strap and bolt assembly, which goes from one chassis rail to the other, left to right, not the more common 2 strap method used on most other gas tanks.
Good luck

cldonley

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
I have mine off at home. I can shoot you some pictures of the strap and J bolt, as well as where you install them on the frame, later today.

OP
OP
F

fuentesfranko

Hi, the front and rear pieces you show cradle the top of the tank.
You also need 1 gas tank strap and bolt assembly, which goes from one chassis rail to the other, left to right, not the more common 2 strap method used on most other gas tanks.
Good luck

I see, I think I got it. I do have the strap and the bolt. Will try to install. Thank you!

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You have it all, TBP is the repop of original.

Point to ponder, check the fuel sender for operation by hooking it up and rolling tank gently to get redout to function.

Might also be a time to replace the seals on the tank, although they can be a pain to replace.

And if you do open it up, clean it out.

OP
OP
F

fuentesfranko

You have it all, TBP is the repop of original.

Point to ponder, check the fuel sender for operation by hooking it up and rolling tank gently to get redout to function.

Might also be a time to replace the seals on the tank, although they can be a pain to replace.

And if you do open it up, clean it out.

Thank you for the tips!