• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door wire loom? Where did you get yours?

Project_bronco

Loc.
Cottonwood, CA
All I need now to install my speakers is pair of the door wiring loom to go in between the door and the jamb. The only ones I've been able to find have been those braided stainless ones on ebay that are about $20-$50 and those floppy ones that fold when you close the door. I don't want my wires to crimp...
Kragens didn't even have any and I didn't have time to check Franklins or Napa.

Any suggestions? I don't need the fancy stainless ones,but if they are the only ones that will allow my wires to slip back and forth and not bend, maybe I will go with them.

Thanks for any suggestions.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I made mine. Used groments and 23c bike inner tubes and bonded everything together with rubber cement. Works well.

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
mine worked slicker than greased moose poop. 93 Sentra... and then the round ones with the tape nipple were from the back doors. Metric hole saw and VIOLA!

OP
OP
Project_bronco

Project_bronco

Loc.
Cottonwood, CA
mine worked slicker than greased moose poop. 93 Sentra... and then the round ones with the tape nipple were from the back doors. Metric hole saw and VIOLA!

Those look like they would work really well. I just can't find them online and don't see when I could get to a pick 'n' pull with my work schedule.

Any other products you guys are using?

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
I found a couple more sets that I thought I would try... the 93s seemed to be better suited... but I have some other rubber lurking around.

I used the one on the the far left and the two round ones.... I still have the others if you want em. 3rd from the left has plastic inserts to hold em in the metal.

Lemme know if I can help;D

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 26

68broncohalfcab

Loc.
clarksville,
my 94 aerostar van had a pair of contacts in the sliding door to power the speaker when it was closed. this could be a slick trick and you would have no wires to disconnect if you wanted to run without doors. the military uses the same setup on hummer windshield frames to power the wiper motors.

OP
OP
Project_bronco

Project_bronco

Loc.
Cottonwood, CA
Wow thanks guys, a lot to think, gives me a little more to think about.
Grafico, thanks for the offer, I'm going to try to hit the pick 'n' pull this weekend of I can and find something. If not, I'll buckle down and buy those braided ones.

I've seen those wireless connectors and like the idea, but would like to be able to open my doors and play music while I'm working on it.

Thanks everyone, you have all been very helpful and have helped me get my mind around this.