• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dreaded Purple Wire

67Bronco Newbie

I am new so please be gentle. Not sure how to upload a picture so I will describe the best I can. I have a purple wire that is covered in heat protection coming from the firewall into the bronco and it is not connected to anything. It has a round end on it and two clips on either side so it looks like it just snaps into place. Nay help would be greatly appreciated on where this goes. I believe it maybe something to do with the brake sensor but not sure.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
It goes to the brake imbalance switch at the distribution block.

Attachments

• brake imbalance.jpg
    brake imbalance.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 119

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
On a dual hydraulic brake system like on 67-77 Broncos, the switch closes and illuminates the warning light on the dash if there is a pressure difference between the front and rear brake circuits. That pressure difference is a bad thing.