• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Drill and Tap Intake Manifold

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
...my heater does not flow until i open the valve.
That's why, on later vehicles with heater valves, Ford switched to a 4-port valve instead of the 2-port yours came with:

(phone app link)

It blocks the heater, but not the sensors. If you want yours to work right, you should look into that. It would be relatively easy to cut the vacuum motor off, and connect a cable directly.

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I dont plan on mounting the sniper control unit, ill get it running and throw it in the glove box. Is the stock guage accurate below operating temp or just once the t-stat opens? Ill be ordering the neck with the port for sure just in case i decide pulling the intake is more work than its worth. That water neck port looks nice and clean. Thanks for the pics. Are you using the sniper Hyperspark distributer?

I can't really speak for the accuracy of the original stock gauge and not sure I remember actually paying attention as it was warming up, but I was happy enough to see the needle in the ballpark compared to the sniper readout once up to running temp.
Right now I just have one of those cheap chinese ready to run distributor with external coil on there. timing is not being controlled by the sniper at the moment. I was thinking about getting one of those Holley distributors and let the computer control the timing but it's been running way more than good enough for me the way it is now I don't know if I want to mess with it yet.
The only issue I had was with the brand new cheap ignition coil I originally had on there, it was failing or something causing intermittent issues with the rpm signal making the engine cut out and run very poorly. wasn't very driveable and got worse as time went on.
Once the Holley tech people helped me figure out the bad coil I replaced it with a Pertronix flamethrower and it's been great ever since.