• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dual Front shocks?

rocs420

Loc.
N. Charleston, SC
Did EB's ever come with stock dual shocks in the front? My 71 has dual's up front that look stock. It's a sport heavy duty EB if that helps.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:eek: :eek: :eek: No ford didnt do it but there are a lot of them with duel shocks its the only way to fly good luck. 8) 8) 8) Bill 8) ::) :p

griff

Loc.
solvang, ca
Maybe it's a stoppe bronco. Didn't they come with daul shocks? If it is, it would be worth some $$!

Explore74

Loc.
Lubbock, TX
I bought a new steed and it had dual shocks on the front and rear. I couldn't remember my last two broncs riding so rough, and a local bronc owner said pull one set off all the way around. After kicking myself repeatedly, I did just that, and WOW :eek: what a difference! I have since read that there is some controversy about dual or not, but most things I have read have said for 99% of us singles are the best choice for both ride and articulation. hope this helps.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Dual shocks are really only needed for desert racing where rapid, nonstop cycling causes them to over-heat. If you want to run duals on rocks or trails, there are shocks made you. They are valved differently to be softer, so 2=1. You don't want the ride to be to stiff. Rancho and probably most quality brands make the softer ones.

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
My duals hith the added weave really helped the handling of my bronco with the added weight of a winch, bumper, and engine. I have Duffs 70/30 valved shocks and the only handling difference I have noticed has been in no more diving on cornering

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Bill Stroppe did it in the days of old when shocks were made for on road use and would not last for<br> 50 miles of high speed off roading. It was a good fix then.