• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff 4-Link Street Version

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
It’s a coyote swap that’s 90% done. Fighting fitment issues is constant. So far I’m pleased with this 4-link setup and hopefully that continues once I run it through the paces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A coyote and a Duff 4 link....yup you got Broncitus alright.
Lol.

Keep us posted.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Not from me, between a wiring issue that was a significant delay and this COVID-19 stuff I'm not on the road yet.

I private messaged him as I was curious how he was doing as well.
I discovered Jason is an essential worker in the medical field who is not getting much time off lately as you could imagine.

Thank you Jason!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
jasonmcc

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
Ok, I have my bronco back and have only taken her on the streets BUT holy smokes! I wish I had done this a long time ago. You can instantly tell a difference in how much smoother she rides. Again, I haven’t truly tested her per-say but I have gone over some railroad tracks that would normally send everything flying in the air. Instead, it felt like a modern vehicle. I’ll add more to this once I get it out and about. I just figured I'd throw out my initial impressions.

Last edited:

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Ok, I have my bronco back and have only taken her on the streets BUT holy smokes! I wish I had done this a long time ago. You can instantly tell a difference in how much smoother she rides. Again, I haven’t truly tested her per-say but I have gone over some railroad tracks that would normally send everything flying in the air. Instead, it felt like a modern vehicle. I’ll add more to this once I get it out and about. I just figured I'd throw out my initial impressions.

We are living vicariously through you right now, lol.

Tell us more.

OP
OP
jasonmcc

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
A few pics...

Attachments

• IMG_3451.jpg
    IMG_3451.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_3453.jpg
    IMG_3453.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 275

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
nice work!
can you post pics of your exhaust route from headers to intersection to muffler and out back?

ZOSO

Your quick and short review has really got me thinking this again.

I want to see some flex pics.

OP
OP
jasonmcc

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
Your quick and short review has really got me thinking this again.

I want to see some flex pics.

A little flex but couldn’t find any larger rocks in the neighborhood...remember it’s a 2.5” lift and “street version” Also I think the Bilsteins are limiting me.

44d48bceb4f8a71e2cc848cb8e0aa02b.plist

ca6508cba1a699188ff7e529c8f7e3a1.plist

Last edited:
OP
OP
jasonmcc

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
With that setup do you disconnect the sway bar for off-road flexing?

Damn, I didn’t even think about that, I just put her in 4WD and backed it up. My front is a hellwig quick disconnect so I undo those but prior to this I didn’t have a rear sway bar. I’d imagine you could just disconnect it and reconnect once off the trail. As you can see I’m not an avid off-roadie but I do love playing around in Moab and Zion. Someone who knows what they’re doing...should I disconnect the rear sway bar when hitting the trails???

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I'd drive it and see. I bet the rate is low enough that you won't have a difference in flex but will have a difference in stability. I love, and am very familiar with the areas you like to visit and it will help with the off camber spots and climbing ledges one tire at a time.

ZOSO

Im planning to order the sway bar with it for street use but do plan to wheel it pretty hard. I was curious how it would drive/handle with out the sway bar on the street. My bronco is a 50/50 rig. Generally drive to the trail and wheel it.