• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff Torque Tamer

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Hi guys,

I'm sure a few of you have already dealt with this....
I pushed my rear axle back 1.5" a few years ago.

When I install the Duff Torque Tamer do I simply install the cross member 1.5" further back than the directions say, or is it more complicated than that?

Thank you for the knowledge as always,
Steve in Orlando

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
I'm installing one too.. Step 4 says, the shackle should be pointing straight up at the 12 o clock position when installed right. Maybe mock it all up and push the cross member back a little until the shackle points almost upwards.... Post pics when done bro. I'm probably going to finish after you because I'm waiting on axles, but I'll send you a pic of my angles if I finish first

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's that simple. I shortened the end of the tamer on both of mine by 4 inches due to a doubler and needing the crossmember moved back. Both work great. I had to move the crossmember back with axle still in stock location.

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
I just finished installing mine today. What I did was install the back part first, then bolted everything up except the cross member. Then, with all the weight back on, I set the cross member in between the frame rails and hit it with a mallet until bracket with the 3 holes that connect the torque bars to the cross member was pointing straight up..... Doing it that way is better in my opinion then measuring 10.5" behind the body mount since all our Broncos are a little different. Here's some pics of mine installed minus exhuast

Attachments

• 20211013_192501.jpg
    20211013_192501.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 20211013_192449.jpg
    20211013_192449.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 56