• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Earliest Broncos known to exist (1-30)!!

Nole66

I have been working to get U15FL791490 back in good shape. Asking the experts to assist me figuring out about when she rolled off the line. Registration has it as a 66 . Thanks in Advance

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I have been working to get U15FL791490 back in good shape. Asking the experts to assist me figuring out about when she rolled off the line. Registration has it as a 66 . Thanks in Advance

December of 65'

Nole66

Wow thank you, something else to chat about when admirers want to know about it. Thank you okie4570. I need to step up my forum game.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Progress pics of 732051

Here is a few progress pics of my #732051 truck. The first an older pic of the chassis parts staged for assembly. The next few pics obviously tub at the body shop. Right now the tub is back on it’s own finished chassis. Hopefully in the next week or so I’ll start working on dash, pedals, heater, etc and getting them all installed!

Stay tuned for more pics to come!

Attachments

• 6C900C85-95A0-4E3D-9441-C65F506A1138.jpg
    6C900C85-95A0-4E3D-9441-C65F506A1138.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 60
  • DC866C9B-0907-4D60-8FA5-7903506BB5CE.jpg
    DC866C9B-0907-4D60-8FA5-7903506BB5CE.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 0FB5A73A-F2EF-4767-BB40-944512A4ECD8.jpg
    0FB5A73A-F2EF-4767-BB40-944512A4ECD8.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 618C0559-2D67-415E-94C8-642DA8A68510.jpg
    618C0559-2D67-415E-94C8-642DA8A68510.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 47
  • F20F8D11-0174-4455-B8C9-29E293CDD28B.jpg
    F20F8D11-0174-4455-B8C9-29E293CDD28B.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 5CC39A1A-3398-494F-B9AD-86F75647BEFA.jpg
    5CC39A1A-3398-494F-B9AD-86F75647BEFA.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

77Bronco636

Here is a few progress pics of my #732051 truck. The first an older pic of the chassis parts staged for assembly. The next few pics obviously tub at the body shop. Right now the tub is back on it’s own finished chassis. Hopefully in the next week or so I’ll start working on dash, pedals, heater, etc and getting them all installed!

Stay tuned for more pics to come!

Looking really good Jeff!! You need to throw in a few before pics also.....;)
I remember seeing some one you got it and this one has come a long way!!

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking really good Jeff!! You need to throw in a few before pics also.....;)
I remember seeing some one you got it and this one has come a long way!!

Thanks!!!

Yes it’s come a long way! I wish it finished for the 50th celebration but at least it’s getting finished now! Unfortunately I lost a bunch before pics :cry: when my old computer’s hard drive crashed. I have a couple pictures still on my phone that I’ll post up.

Thanks again, Jeff

qualicas

I just found this site. Maybe someone can clear something up for me. In about 1974 I bought what was called a 1964 Bronco. It was missing its rear driveshaft so I paid $150.00 for it. I drove it as a front wheel drive for a couple of weeks.
Here is the thing with the front hubs. Mine had just a squared off end and then to switch to 4x4 it had a maybe 1/4" x 1/4" extension to the housing. Any others I have seen are always the Warn style. As far as I know it was a stock hub. Has anyone ever seen something like that? Was it an after market replacement?
The Bronco was Green with White top. Grey seats. 170 ci 6 and 3 speed manual.It had a calendar in place of a speedometer! I eventually rebuilt a 289 and put it in. Since it was built for a 6 the V8 sat farther back and oil pump was right over the front hub. I added larger tires, a Braydon winch and 2 extra gas tanks. I used to pile 3 18 ft canoes on top. I loved it right up to the time someone drove me off the road and then hit me as I was hitting the ditch to avoid him. Rolled it and was hanging by my seat belt smelling gas. I got out and salvaged it and sold the parts. I still thing about it. Bought a 1972 after but it wasn't the same.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Terry, no this one actually was State of Missouri Department of Transportation service truck. It was bought new for MDOT August of ‘65 (with a DSO of 89) and stayed in service until mid 80’s. At that time when one of the retiring maintenance service workers bought it off the MDOT’s maintenance department. Sometime in ‘86 or ‘87 the retired MDOT worker decided that the motor needed a rebuild so he parked it and there it sat until it was sold in 2010.

The Bronco was pretty untouched it still had the original FoMoCo starter, Autolite alternator and heavy duty Autolite shocks. I had the starter and alternator rebuilt and looked to find someone who could restore even the shocks too. Unfortunately I couldn’t find anyone to do the shocks but the starter and alternator are original. Hopefully I’ll start getting more pics posted up soon!

Thanks Jeff

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is the thing with the front hubs. Mine had just a squared off end and then to switch to 4x4 it had a maybe 1/4" x 1/4" extension to the housing. Any others I have seen are always the Warn style. As far as I know it was a stock hub. Has anyone ever seen something like that? Was it an after market replacement?

Hey qualicas, welcome! I've seen at least one, if not two different styles of locking hubs that were different from the Spicer type that would have come on Broncos from later in '66 up to '79. Then after that the Warn style were factory.
But for most years, probably for '66 too, the lockouts were an option.
So maybe yours were one of those odd ones, or maybe they were installed by the original owner at some point. Jeeps had some odd ones too.
In fact, I'm having a hard time imagining exactly what you're talking about, but there was a common one on Jeeps that was locked by flipping two levers over. Not sure about your squared end one though.

Good luck. Hopefully someone has a picture of such a beast.
If you happen to find any old pics showing your old Bronco, that would be cool to see.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Where at in MO sir?

Hey Terry, no this one actually was State of Missouri Department of Transportation service truck. It was bought new for MDOT August of ‘65 (with a DSO of 89) and stayed in service until mid 80’s. At that time when one of the retiring maintenance service workers bought it off the MDOT’s maintenance department. Sometime in ‘86 or ‘87 the retired MDOT worker decided that the motor needed a rebuild so he parked it and there it sat until it was sold in 2010.

The Bronco was pretty untouched it still had the original FoMoCo starter, Autolite alternator and heavy duty Autolite shocks. I had the starter and alternator rebuilt and looked to find someone who could restore even the shocks too. Unfortunately I couldn’t find anyone to do the shocks but the starter and alternator are original. Hopefully I’ll start getting more pics posted up soon!

Thanks Jeff

qualicas

Hey qualicas, welcome! I've seen at least one, if not two different styles of locking hubs that were different from the Spicer type that would have come on Broncos from later in '66 up to '79. Then after that the Warn style were factory.
But for most years, probably for '66 too, the lockouts were an option.
So maybe yours were one of those odd ones, or maybe they were installed by the original owner at some point. Jeeps had some odd ones too.
In fact, I'm having a hard time imagining exactly what you're talking about, but there was a common one on Jeeps that was locked by flipping two levers over. Not sure about your squared end one though.

Good luck. Hopefully someone has a picture of such a beast.
If you happen to find any old pics showing your old Bronco, that would be cool to see.

Paul
Maybe a better description would be a 3 inch dia bar with end cut off. Then in middle of the flat end was a 1 1/2" locking mechanism activated with the 1/4 x 1/4" protrusion to be able to turn it. I might have some pictures somewhere hidden away.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I just found this site. Maybe someone can clear something up for me. In about 1974 I bought what was called a 1964 Bronco. It was missing its rear driveshaft so I paid $150.00 for it. I drove it as a front wheel drive for a couple of weeks.
The Bronco was Green with White top. Grey seats. 170 ci 6 and 3 speed manual.It had a calendar in place of a speedometer! I eventually rebuilt a 289 and put it in. Since it was built for a 6 the V8 sat farther back and oil pump was right over the front hub. I added larger tires, a Braydon winch and 2 extra gas tanks. I used to pile 3 18 ft canoes on top. I loved it right up to the time someone drove me off the road and then hit me as I was hitting the ditch to avoid him. Rolled it and was hanging by my seat belt smelling gas. I got out and salvaged it and sold the parts. I still thing about it. Bought a 1972 after but it wasn't the same.

Couple of things you mentioned here sounds like may be 66 style locking hubs.

edited-image_zpswdg3y9hm.jpg

fullgar

Loc.
tyrone
Just got my father in laws 66 bronco been sitting in garage for 30yrs needs complete restore u14fl738517 lots of work ahead