• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Earliest Broncos known to exist (1-30)!!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are they marked with the date/year, or would a '68 be the same glass?

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is the marking on my (assumed to be original) '68 glass.
IMG_6836fl (Large).jpg

Could be a date code in there somewhere, but not sure.
The label is on the passenger side, facing inward towards the passenger. Flipped it for easier reading.

It's still crystal clear, but with some light fogging around the edges, which I think is kind of vintage-cool myself.
Shows it's age, but gracefully.

Not so much for the small dingleberries embedded in one side though!
Replacing it with a new one because of that.

Paul

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
So I guess my sept build roadster would probably be 5H or 5I ?

Probably so. The “D” inside the circle in Dirtdonks pic is for Dearborn. “N” would be Nashville. Those are the places where the Carlite glass was made....

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Probably so. The “D” inside the circle in Dirtdonks pic is for Dearborn. “N” would be Nashville. Those are the places where the Carlite glass was made....

Good catch.. all the little details add up

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good catch.. all the little details add up

I agree this all great info! I have noticed over the years Carlite changed their logo a couple times but I couldn’t tell you what years coincide with different logos.

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN

That dated piece of glass will be hard to find, might as well look for the "Buck Tag" too. ;D

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wish I had a pic of my '71's original glass to compare to. I'm pretty sure it had a different logo, but whether that was due to a change in logo, or a change in manufacturer at the time I have no idea.
But a rock took care of any chance I had of keeping the original!

Paul

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
The glass in my 9/65' u14 is near perfect, the glass that was in my 10/65' u15 was perfect minus the two bullet holes lol.....

fordfan

Bronco Guru
I agree this all great info! I have noticed over the years Carlite changed their logo a couple times but I couldn’t tell you what years coincide with different logos.

The script "Carlite" stopped in very early '73 models and was replaced with the block "Carlite " lettering.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The script "Carlite" stopped in very early '73 models and was replaced with the block "Carlite " lettering.

Yes but did you notice there is a thin script and a fat script Carlite logo? It might be from the same timeframe but from different Carlite plants? Honestly I haven’t dug that to deeply into... well I have restored mostly U13. Not much need for glass! Haha