• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco Brotherhood In Danger

Nuke

I've been lucking recently-- I see a different EB at least once a week. I want to wave, but I don't think they would understand why a guy in a Saturn is waving at them!! ;D Pie-Oh-My is still in the garage awaiting new sheet metal.

Pacopico

Loc.
SoCal
First off: I wave when I see-um, and also at nice 4wheelers (as long are they are not Jeeps or Hummers ;))

But my biggest bitch is when the "poor snobs" give me the upturned nose when they find out that I bought my bronco this way (visually - not mechanically). I guess you guys are too cool for anyone unless someone twists every individual fastner themselves...maybe I need to take it all back apart and put it back to gether to be a "cool guy"

Really this is a problem with all "poor snobs" who think if you purchase any classic vehicle you are not in to it as they are! I agree that totally purchased vehicles are usually wasted, but I worked hard on many POS cars, buying and selling to get something that looks nice, for me to wrench on under the hood.

My rant as a new-be!

And here's a picture of my junk:

1058239653_bronco_002.jpg

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=Pacopico link=board=5;threadid=19918;start=30#msg153820 date=1058238788]
First off: I wave when I see-um, and also at nice 4wheelers (as long are they are not Jeeps or Hummers ;))

But my biggest bitch is when the "poor snobs" give me the upturned nose when they find out that I bought my bronco this way (visually - not mechanically). I guess you guys are too cool for anyone unless someone twists every individual fastner themselves...maybe I need to take it all back apart and put it back to gether to be a "cool guy"

Really this is a problem with all "poor snobs" who think if you purchase any classic vehicle you are not in to it as they are! I agree that totally purchased vehicles are usually wasted, but I worked hard on many POS cars, buying and selling to get something that looks nice, for me to wrench on under the hood.

My rant as a new-be!

[/quote]

Someone's gotta buy the rigs we build!!!!

I don't care if you built it or not. It's an EB and that's cool. I think most of us on here just like to add our own personal touches to the rig. If you bought one that has everything you will ever need, more power to ya!

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
[quote author=Pacopico link=board=5;threadid=19918;start=30#msg153820 date=1058238788]

My rant as a new-be!

[/quote]

nice junk. wish my junk looked that good.

Welcome to the board,

my name is Dan, and yes, I am a broncoholic.

dpm

Pacopico

Loc.
SoCal
74Bronc-

The point is not that I think it is perfect for me forever (this truck definately isn't), it's that people think you have to bring something back from the dead to be worthwhile...So I bought it looking like this, but since then I have:

Broken the stock output shaft = replaced with WH output conversion kit.

Had two new drive shafts built

Replaced the timing chain

Converted to electronic fuel pump

Converted to Quadrajet Carberator

Re-wired the engine compartment completely (PO had 5 splices on the power wire to the coil)

Replaced all fuel lines/brazed fuel pickup tubes that were cracket at the fuel tanks

Installed an electric pusher fan

(all done in-house except for driveshaft fabrication)

Point being: I have served my time on this and many other vehicles, and am as much capable as anyone else when it comes to working on stuff.

It is just a pain to see these "poor snobs" turn up their nose when I say - yeah I bought it like this...but have done some ::) work to it.

BTW: I know it is a decent truck now, but I have had at least a half-a-dozen other basket cases (all cars) I have brought back mechanically and physically back...hell I have one still in process!

lobo

Loc.
Seattle Washington
i ALWAYS WAVE! HONK! WHATEVER i CAN! even when I am driving my pos 90 protoge family car! I am a bronco brother and it is IMPORTANT to me. I might be supposedly trying to get rid of my truck, but I WILL own another when I can even if it does nto run. There is nothing like a bronco and nothing like our brother hood

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
[quote author=HotWheels link=board=5;threadid=19918;start=45#msg154103 date=1058300969]
Pacopico?

:-
[/quote]

User name of the guy that posted the sweet beige rig.

broncoswede61

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles,CA
[quote author=DownhillManiac99 link=board=5;threadid=19918;start=45#msg154157 date=1058311334]
[quote author=HotWheels link=board=5;threadid=19918;start=45#msg154103 date=1058300969]
Pacopico?

[/quote]

....uh I think it was green....better take off your shades
[/quote] 8)

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
[quote author=broncoswede61 link=board=5;threadid=19918;start=45#msg154226 date=1058325619]
[quote author=DownhillManiac99 link=board=5;threadid=19918;start=45#msg154157 date=1058311334]
Pacopico?

[/quote]

....uh I think it was green....better take off your shades
[/quote] 8)
[/quote]

Im colorblind. No joke.

saddlebronc

Loc.
TJ
Let us do our part and salute other EBs.
If no response at least you'll be able to weed out all the posers out there. Hope there only a very few. ;D

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
[quote author=74bronc link=board=5;threadid=19918;start=30#msg153945 date=1058277118]

My rant as a new-be!

[/quote]

Someone's gotta buy the rigs we build!!!!

I don't care if you built it or not. It's an EB and that's cool. I think most of us on here just like to add our own personal touches to the rig. If you bought one that has everything you will ever need, more power to ya!
[/quote]

As long as you didn't buy it at Rocky Roads noone should care.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
There is only two guys remotely close that have Broncos near me and I NEVER see them on the road. I wave at thier houses when I go past though. ;D

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
[quote author=astark link=board=5;threadid=19918;start=45#msg154679 date=1058417514]
pic.php

[/quote]Gettin ready to do a little Arkansas water skiing? ;D

cjjhalfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oologah, OK _
Astark, you have a cool little halfcab; nice and clean. Mine has been upgraded to daily driver since our car (my go-to-work car) got totalled by a drunk 2 weeks ago. I'd post a pic before it gets stolen or wrecked by these idiots around here, but I'm not smart enough to figure out the picture thing.

hakstooy

Loc.
Alexandria, VA
Heh, nice one astark ;)

I know I'm a newbie so perhaps I will be dismissed, but I say as long as you enjoy your Bronco, then I'm glad you have it. For me, a wave is like saying "Oh HELL YEAHH!! You diggin, cause I sure as hell know I'm diggin!" But some people are just reserved and shy about waving to someone, (the area they are from definitly affects things too, as does the area you're in...I live right outside DC and if I happened to see a Bronco while driving in SE or something I sure as hell wouldn't wave for fear of gettin jacked) But people get things for different reasons, some want to work on 'em some just might want to use 'em or whatever, but as long as you get a smile on your face from it, then I'm all about it, even if you're too shy to share it.