• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EB-based racer for the Baja 1000 this coming weekend

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
As Dusty noted, it's racing in Class 8 for this race. Chris was planning on racing it in Class 3 - however he never received written confirmation from SCORE tech that he would be allowed in Class 3 (did have a verbal OK and agreement from Mosses). Additionally, with the course layout this year, there's a good chance there will be some serious holdups at a few places in the slower classes and he didn't want to be stuck in a logjam behind a bunch of stuck cars. Class 8 gives him a much better starting position so that's where he decided to run.

Todd Z.

bigjhoov

nobody
Ah, sorry. Didn't read all of Dusty's post. To be honest, it would be hard to believe what they WOULDN'T let in class 3 after seeing the mono-leaf, TT inspired, late model bronco we had to run against in '11. It would be cool if the EB class that has been rumored would materialize.

baja-chris

Hey guys, the rear tires never touched those cool steel fenders, until one of them went flat and came apart. Minor fender damage from the tread flopping around before it was changed. Easy repair.

Only made it 185 miles. Truck was undersprung and shocks not valved right. Hammered through the travel and ended up tearing a ball joint out of a beam up front. Rear springs shot, was sitting on the bump stops so we called for the trailer. Will try again soon.

Chris

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Good luck next year Chris. Being undersprung and valved too big can really slow you down. At least it was a loop this year so you wouldn't have been stuck at the tip if you made it that far

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Nice! How many and who the the other class 3 entries?

I think there was just one other entry - the Mosses, who have pretty much owned the class for years.

Todd Z.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Really stoked on their win. It's been fun watching this Bronco come together.

enesset

Loc.
NorCal & Iowa
EB based

I think I remember....is this the same rig from when we were down in Mexicali?

Attachments

• NorraBronco.jpg
    NorraBronco.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I think I remember....is this the same rig from when we were down in Mexicali?

You got it, Eric. Chris and Glen's truck was at NORRA last year in unfinished form.

Todd Z.