• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EB vs Full Size Front End Weight?

basher

Does anyone know the weights of the front ends of early and full size broncos? Like if you were to drive the front onto a scale... (not the weight of the individual parts)

MB

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's going to depend largely on what engine/transmission is in both vehicles, tire size, wheels, bumpers, winch, etc. Care to be more specific?

OP
OP
B

basher

say both are stock with small blocks. EB has a 302 and FS has a 351.

dieselracer

Loc.
Citrus Heights, CA
I know that a FSB without back side windows, no axles and no transfer case with a 400 weighs 3700 lbs. I would say, in running order the FSB would be at least 4500 to as much as 5000.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My F350 would almost qualify for your comparison.
The main diff (no pun intended) would the the Dana 60 up front, vs a Dana 44 for the Broncos.
Front end weighs in at about the same as my whole EB!
About 4250 if I remember. Total weight is 6500 or so.
If I can find my Truck Scale printout, I'll confirm those numbers.

Paul

Correction: Front end is 3480 lbs. (added 10-25-08)

Last edited:

basher13

Loc.
East of Renton
I can grab Marty's scales and weigh the front of mine, than weigh a buddies 78.
CJ's pulling his axles this weekend if you still need a front

OP
OP
B

basher

I am supposed to call that guy today to trade my Mass Air for the 44. If that falls through I will call you about CJ's axle. Just trying to figure out what springs to use. I am sure that the EB is lighter than my LC, but i think the FSB springs might be too much.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well I was off by a "tiny" bit...
Found my certificate and it shows a front axle weight of 3480 lbs and a rear of 2760 lbs.
Sounds more reasonable.

Paul