• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Edelbrock E Street EFI Install

mavereq

Bronco Guru
I'll definitely try that idea. I won't use a permanent setup. I'm hoping that my welding jobs are getting close to being done. The rock skis are mounted and I just have to finish the bumpers now.

BroncKrawler

Loc.
Harrisburg, Oregon
Not to revive a dead thread, but I'm about ready throw my Holley TA out and smash it with a sledge hammer. I've watched countless videos on the MSD Atomic EFI, just watched some videos on the EZ-EFI and now I've found this thread and read your review on this product. Out of these 3 systems, which one would you recommend? I want to upgrade my fuel capacity and have already planned on getting the WH Sherman 23 gallon tank so I can run a return fuel system. Also, I don't even see the Edelbrock EFI listed on the Wild Horses website anymore, just the MSD.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would Highly recommend the E-Street EFI set-up. I recently started an install thread (pictures included) of the #3606 EFI Kit which includes the EFI Sump Pump/accumulator.

I installed the whole system in less than a weekend, very straight forward with really NO hiccups at all.

I recommend going with the Weiand Street Warrior Intake (8124) because it already has the extra Coolant port ready for the Computer Temp Sensor. This intake is also nice and low to easily fit everything under the stock hood.

With the Sump Tank/Pump/Accumulator you do not have to change ANYTHING with your stock existing fuel system. Your current mechanical pump feeds the EFI Pump which then sends fuel to the Throttle body. (also can still use two tanks with no mods at all) The fuel system is VERY non invasive to the Bronco and easily turned back to Carb set-up if you choose. Nice clean install.

Cam choice does not matter either. (Flat Tappet or Roller) Whatever you have now will work and the E-street Computer will "Learn" and adjust what is best for your set-up.

The nice extra is the Large Tablet that comes with the system. This is initially used to download info into the computer about your motor, then it is used to monitor how all systems are running on the motor and it is also a very nice gauge package as well. Advanced tuning can also be done if desired as well.

I have a nice 347 in my 69 Half Cab:

Scat 347 Kit
Comp Cam XE264HR-14
AFR 185cc Heads
Weiand 8124 Intake
"Ready to Run" Electronic Distributor - No MSD Box
Hedman Headers
2 1/2" Pipe into one Magnaflow Muffler 9The longer one) 3" Tailpipe

This combo is a lot of fun to drive, the throttle Body EFI has excellent response with NO stumble or lag time with lots of low end torque. The more I drive it the more the computer "learns" and the bigger the smile on my face becomes.

NO complaints here with the E-Street EFI system #3606.

Last edited:

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
I would Highly recommend the E-Street EFI set-up. I recently started an install thread (pictures included) of the #3606 EFI Kit which includes the EFI Sump Pump/accumulator.

I installed the whole system in less than a weekend, very straight forward with really NO hiccups at all.

I recommend going with the Weiand Street Warrior Intake (8124) because it already has the extra Coolant port ready for the Computer Temp Sensor. This intake is also nice and low to easily fit everything under the stock hood.

With the Sump Tank/Pump/Accumulator you do not have to change ANYTHING with your stock existing fuel system. Your current mechanical pump feeds the EFI Pump which then sends fuel to the Throttle body. (also can still use two tanks with no mods at all) The fuel system is VERY non invasive to the Bronco and easily turned back to Carb set-up if you choose. Nice clean install.

Cam choice does not matter either. (Flat Tappet or Roller) Whatever you have now will work and the E-street Computer will "Learn" and adjust what is best for your set-up.

The nice extra is the Large Tablet that comes with the system. This is initially used to download info into the computer about your motor, then it is used to monitor how all systems are running on the motor and it is also a very nice gauge package as well. Advanced tuning can also be done if desired as well.

I have a nice 347 in my 69 Half Cab:

Scat 347 Kit
Comp Cam XE264HR-14
AFR 185cc Heads
Weiand 8124 Intake
"Ready to Run" Electronic Distributor - No MSD Box
Hedman Headers
2 1/2" Pipe into one Magnaflow Muffler 9The longer one) 3" Tailpipe

This combo is a lot of fun to drive, the throttle Body EFI has excellent response with NO stumble or lag time with lots of low end torque. The more I drive it the more the computer "learns" and the bigger the smile on my face becomes.

NO complaints here with the E-Street EFI system #3606.

Damn you make me want to buy this system!!! Glad you really like it.