• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Edelbrock E-Street, Throttle Body, EFI - Install

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not ready for start-up yet, but I did plug everything in and booted up the E-Street tablet and inserted all the pertinent info. Good to know the Tablet is at least "talking" to the computer.

I need to install the fuel lines and filters and pretty soon all systems go.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Still have some wire harness clean-up to do. The large plug in the picture is for the O2 Sensor. PLENTY of wire length for ANY set of headers.

Fuel system is now installed. There was enough EFI hose to use on everything including the vent line. Still have about 2 feet left over.

Other than extra corregated tubing to protect some wiring, I have not had to purchase anything extra for this install. All parts are included with nothing to search for to slow down the install. Once you open the box, it's all there.

Attachments

• 69 Bronco - EFI Firewall Wiring.jpg
    69 Bronco - EFI Firewall Wiring.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 69 Bronco - EFI Fuel Lines - 1.jpg
    69 Bronco - EFI Fuel Lines - 1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 69 Bronco - EFI Fuel Lines - 2.jpg
    69 Bronco - EFI Fuel Lines - 2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 122

67RT

Bronco Guru
I really like your set up but am concerned in the location of the fuel sump, being so close to the front of the car and impact sensitive, although I can't think of a better place for it. I hope it runs well for you..

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
67RT - That was a concern of mine as well. I'm with you.... But, after closely going over the other options it is where it is. Although, I could swap current location with where the Windshield Washer container is now to move it back a little.

I have seen other EFI accumulators in the same area, which is where I got the idea for location and the Pump/Sump is not much larger than those.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Besides, if it was good enough for the horn... :cool:

Paul

drock

Also interested in how it runs once you get it fired up and tested.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not going to be able to work on it this weekend, but will as soon as I can.

Will be changing out the intake, then plug everything in and fire it up.

Should be up and running possibly late Sunday or Monday.

I'll keep you posted.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Not going to be able to work on it this weekend, but will as soon as I can.

Will be changing out the intake, then plug everything in and fire it up.

Should be up and running possibly late Sunday or Monday.

I'll keep you posted.

Thats crap! You get it done and you get it done right now. You post pictures and make videos. None of this, teases tease tease, I will get it done on Monday. It's Friday night man! Get er done.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got it up and Running with NO problems at all with the E-Street EFI system.

The only hiccup was a faulty External Regulator the ruined the O2 sensor with about 17 volts. Once Regulator was replaced and new O2 sensor installed everything runs great. But this had nothing to do with the EFI system.

Start-up is immediate, idle settles in very nicely and throttle response is excellent. I will need to drive it a lot more for the computer to adjust more completely. But as of now the 347 is running great so far.

Overall, highly recommended! The included Tablet is great. Not just for the initial set-up and tuning but as an engine monitor and Gauge Package as well.

I will post any issues or problems if they happen.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is what the E-Street EFI system looks like installed. Very clean, hardly noticeable any difference than stock and very easy to change back to carb if wanted.

Attachments

• 69 Bronco - EFI Computer.jpg
    69 Bronco - EFI Computer.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 69 Bronco - EFI Drivers.jpg
    69 Bronco - EFI Drivers.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 69 Bronco - EFI Front.jpg
    69 Bronco - EFI Front.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 69 Bronco - EFI Passenger.jpg
    69 Bronco - EFI Passenger.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 168
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Took the Bronco out last night for a nice 20-30 minute cruise.

I am Very impressed with the E-street EFI system. I will never go back to a carb in the future unless a 100% original, pristine truck.

I also added the Trucklite 7" headlights last week. Complete plug and play, no wire harness needed and MUCH more light than any H4 I have ever tried.

I also am going to change out the Muffler on this Bronco. The Magnaflow is WAY too loud for me with a lot of popping when I de-excellerate. The Flowmaster Super 50 is going on next.

Get the E-Street EFI! As I said before, I highly recommend it.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Been getting a lot of questions about the 3606 E-Street EFI, Throttle Body System asking why I chose this EFI over others.

- Excellent Edelbrock Quality

- Ease of Installation - Only had to extend Fuel Pump Wire Harness (For chosen EFI Pump Location), add Temp Sensor and weld O2 Bung. All else is plug and play.

- NON invasive to current fuel system - Don't have to change anything to original Stock Fuel System (Assuming it's all in good order). No mods needed to continue to use dual tanks.

- Can install on any motor regardless of Firing Order, Cam Type or Engine Size while using current 4B Intake.

- Large Tablet for install, Engine Feedback and Gauge Package.

- Very good reviews - System runs very well with excellent throttle response. The more you drive it the better it runs.

- All parts needed for installation are included. No hunting for additional parts.

Of course weigh all options, but I hope this helps others with decisions for EFI choice.

FYI - I do not work for Edelbrock.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
GOOD WRITE UP. Now you got me to thinking .. Because of the degree of difficulty that my Running Buddy just had doing his Stock EFI SET UP.
Wow I went to E-Bay and those things are expensive . I was thinking about a grand nut more like $2500.00

Last edited:

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
That's what I keep running into - 2.5K is rather steep. They system is complete and neat, but that is a lot of money... that is blower money, 40"+ tire money... yikes.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pa PITT - Where can you get a complete EFI system for $1,000.00?

FAST, Atomic, E-Street and others are about the same price. I found mine at CJ Pony parts for $2300. No extra parts needed at all.

You can do a less expensive Fuel system rather than the one that comes with the 3606 kit, but then you have to modify youe existing fuel system. You can get the system piece by piece if you want.

But overall, you will be about the same price.

Install easily in a weekend. After having it installed for some time now, the E-Street is well worth it. Will put on my newly built 351w too.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Nice looking system. I put one on for a customer couple of months ago, he's delighted.

I shudder at the cost too, that's about what I have in my entire engine, exhaust and fuel system........

ChrisC74

The cost is up there but as one who has been fighting driveability problems with a simpler TBI system for a couple of years it sure looks inviting. I just upgraded the TBI computer in my Howell system to a Dynamic EFI to be able to update, program and flash new settings directly into the computer - I am hoping that works out the bugs in my system. If that does not work - I will pull all of the parts and buy one of these. If I had done that originally I would probably be ahead on money and I would have more hair in my head...

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
No vid, like I requested, but nice write-up and pics.

In your own opinion, would the EFI system, specifically the one you installed, is it a good enough upgrade to make an EB into a dependable daily driver?