• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI computer mount

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I am about to start hooking up my RJM harness and am stuck on where to mount my computer. I am not wanting to take out my dash as it is a pain in the A$$, but will if I have to. Where did you mount your ECM and please post pics..

itsabronco

Loc.
Banning, CA.
Hey Kyle.m , I dont have pics yet but I mounted mine on the passenger side kick panel. I used a broken auxillary gas tank strap, bent it to fit computer, and a few self tappers and its done. I split a rubber hose to give the edges some cushion where the strap holds it. I will go get some pics for you in a bit.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I did the same essentially. I wouldn't stick it to deep in the dash as you may need to take it out for troubleshooting? On top of the heater box with enough padding and it will stay put and still be able to be removed. DO NOT insulate it however as it needs to stay cool.

CJ who???

Loc.
Banning, Ca...
Next time you're at the J.Y., check out some other Ford trucks etc. for eec computer mounting brackets. I found a couple of different style brackets that I pulled and will use one of those when I mount it....

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Mine sits on top ot the heater box. I made a custom sheetmetal glove box that allows access to the ECU through the glove box door. I can also pull it out from underneath but have never had to in over 9 years.

Greg

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
mine is up under the dash to the left where the clutch would go

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I mounted mine on the firewall where the tunnel comes up. Here is a pic from my build thread. I have an angle on one side and an arm that pivots to let me get it in and out.

attachment.php

OP
OP
Kyle.malone

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I mounted mine on the firewall where the tunnel comes up. Here is a pic from my build thread. I have an angle on one side and an arm that pivots to let me get it in and out.

attachment.php

Did you build your mount or is it out of a donor vehicle?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Since mine is a trail rig I didn't care about it being hidden from view. I was more concerned about it staying dry and getting cool air. Also I didn't want to lose any of my glove box space. Actually got this location idea from ransil.

Attachments

• DSCF0835.jpg
    DSCF0835.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCF0837.jpg
    DSCF0837.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 167

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think Steve83 mounted one there in the firewall too. Used a truck mount if I remember.

Paul

AZ69EB

I mounted mine behind the e-brake on driver's side. I made a small box holder out of 16 ga and used the door strap mounting location to hold it. I used some bedliner in a can to finish it off.

Thanks Kurt for the idea.

Attachments

• P1040098.jpg
    P1040098.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 159
  • P1040106.jpg
    P1040106.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 203

itsabronco

Loc.
Banning, CA.
here are the pics of mine. I havent finished detailing around the computer yet . when you install the RJM, its designed to have the computer located on the passenger side. I just put CJ Whos?? harness in this weekend and finished up on the alternator wiring. I dont know if he mounted his computer yet but it along with the inertia switch will be located on the pass. side. you can see the inertia switch to the left of the computer...

This location works out nice because i have several extra computers, one with a superchip on it, and I can unhook and hook up a computer with ease for testing or what ever, I snag computers when ever I find a good one in the Junk Yards !!

Its just about the coolest place it can be and it dont look bad. No engine heat what so ever, No one even knows where it is until i point it out.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

ransil

Bronco Guru
I mounted mine for easy access, that is a rough in my wire do not look like that.
this is the passengers side kick panel below/behind the glove box

Attachments

• DSC01459.JPG
    DSC01459.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC01460.JPG
    DSC01460.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 160