• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI Project weekend...New update

Broncoward

Loc.
Rolesville
Ok so this is my EFI project weekend. Scared but I got to do it after collecting $2000 worth of parts...I better use them huh!....I'm probably gonna be asking some questions and this thread might have to move to the Tech Area.... not sure...but for now here is my thread....

The start already happened actually.

89 crown vic...upper, lower, TB, sensor.here is the photos

Attachments

• Day 1 Pic.JPG
    Day 1 Pic.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 85
  • The Victom 89 Crown Vic.JPG
    The Victom 89 Crown Vic.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

YellowBronc

Bronco God
It may seem intimidating but is not as bad as it may seem. I'll put this upgrade as one of the top 5 upgrades to do to a Bronco. I'm not an expert on EFI by far, but I'll be glad to try and answer anything.

Have fun.

OP
OP
Broncoward

Broncoward

Loc.
Rolesville
Round One

Thanks I need encouragement....I started the valve cover replacement and carb/dizzy removal so far

Attachments

• 100_1557.JPG
    100_1557.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_1558.JPG
    100_1558.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 96
OP
OP
Broncoward

Broncoward

Loc.
Rolesville
Ouch Help if you can

OK I didn't see this coming and I've studied UGH..The master cyclinder and the upper plenom are hitting and i'm gonna grind to get the clearance I need on the temp....ugh

Attachments

• 100_1591.JPG
    100_1591.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_1571.JPG
    100_1571.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_1567.JPG
    100_1567.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_1566.JPG
    100_1566.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 42

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
EFI Swap

Please keep the pic coming Running Buddy is about to embark on this swap...
One question I thought the Crown Vic intake was too tall for our Broncos unless you have lots of body lift .....Might be a good time for a tilted mount and a Hydro boost set up ..

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
The Crown Vic is same as the 86-93 Mustang. A shorter one is from 94-95 Mustang and 91?-93 Cougar and T-Bird.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
OK I didn't see this coming and I've studied UGH..The master cyclinder and the upper plenom are hitting and i'm gonna grind to get the clearance I need on the temp....ugh

I don't think I've heard of this problem before. I run the explorer intake and have more than 1" of clearance. Is it possible that your engine is tilted to the driver's side? Could be a bad motor mount.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It appears to me that , because he does not have the power brake booster , he does not have the angle bracket most of us have , therefore his master cylinder is in the way of the manifold.
You are right though , never heard of this problem before.
I wonder if an angle bracket could be used with just a MC , no booster.

This might be the one situation where the upper could be flipped around the other way and work out ok.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
By the way , you'll want to put your harness on before you install the upper manifold. I'd guess you were just test fitting though.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmm , it was just a thought .....

Like Viperwolf suggested , a bad motor mount or , if it was a 6cyl to v8 conversion , mounts in the wrong places ?
I used an Exploder intake also , no fittment problems with power brake set up. No bodylift either ....

Found this at FFI :
1994-95 Mustangs and 1991-93 Thunderbirds have the lowest intake profile at 9.5 inches, but to keep the intake runner length the intake is wider and contacts the master cylinder.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Could someone go measure their intake for him ? Mine is in a storage unit , otherwise I'd measure my Exploder width.
I think I'd measure from centerline of upper/lower mounting surface to each side.
Maybe try measuring from TB mount to backside also , but may not be very accurate if there is any offset.

OP
OP
Broncoward

Broncoward

Loc.
Rolesville
The truck came with a 302...the only this about the clearance could be the MC is the big bore F250?...one..also I was just test fitting...anyone got a picture...without brake booster

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The truck came with a 302...the only this about the clearance could be the MC is the big bore F250?...one..also I was just test fitting...anyone got a picture...without brake booster

Might want to look at the motor mount studs that go through the frame mounts. The holes are slotted so it is possible to have the motor rocked over some.

Attachments

• Bronco 207 cropped.jpg
    Bronco 207 cropped.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 94