• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI Questions - Alternator/Fuel Pump

3T

I am doing the 5.0 EFI engine swap with a 93 Stang motor and harness. Can you hook up the alternator and fuel pump apart from the computer?
Also, a lot of my wires are different color than what the diagram says. How do you trace those wires? With Ohm meter?

Thanks in advance for any help!

744x4

Loc.
Taylors,SC
Look at the 60 pin conector and have someone write down what color you call out for every pin then make a master list of the colors.As long as the pin #s match the circuit thats whats important.Mine did not match what others have posted as the correct colors (RJM Harness) but once you look it up with a Ford master wiring diagram it does.BTW mine was a 89 Stang donor.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
The alternator can be hooked up separate but the fuel pump needs to be wired into the EFI system for it to work correctly.

OP
OP

3T

Thanks that confirms what I was thinking already. I can not find any connectors or wires that closely resemble anything that goes to fuel pump relay. Any ideas?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Thanks that confirms what I was thinking already. I can not find any connectors or wires that closely resemble anything that goes to fuel pump relay. Any ideas?

I had one Mustang harness where the FP relay was not in the harness. I don't recall the exact details but I recall having to trace through the wires and if I recall right I found a plug that it went to along with some other garbage. (Oil Temp & water temp or something like that) I ended up having to add the FP relay back into the harness. I.E. I traced the wires from all of the places it was supposed to go and then wired it in.