• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI swap

modifier999

Loc.
St. Joseph
I recently purchased a 74 bronco with a 302 3 speed. I want to swap in an efi system. I have read the tech stuff in fordfuelinjection.com and have searched this site. This is a list of parts I would like but after reading FFI I am a little confused on what year of donor(s) I can source the parts. If anybody can clarify this I would greatly appreciate it.
65mm Throttle Body- make model year
MAF-
GT-40 intake-
Distributor-
Injectors-
EEC and harness-89 to 93 mustang (The only thing I am sure of)

By the way this is my first post on this site. What a great resource.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yes it is.. Welcome to our little ole friendly neighborhood on the web..

Broncobowsher

Total hack
65mm Throttle Body- '96-01 Explorer. (cars had 60mm)
MAF- Original 89-93 Mustang MAF to match the programming in the computer
GT-40 intake-With EGR, '96 or early '97 Explorer. EGR delete, P-head '97 to '01 Explorer
Distributor-If keeping the original flat tappet cam, look at an '89 crown vic. that keeps the flat tappet compatable gear and you get the signature PIP for the SEFI (not sure but I think most truck distributors are non-signature for the batch fire).
Injectors-Orange top. again to match the EEC and MAF. Find these on 302 and 351 truck engines and 5.0 HO car engines (non-HO engines have smaller injectors)

Being that you (at least appear) to be installing EFI on a stock early 302 engine, then just keep the stock stuff. Resist the speed parts influence. the stock 5.0 HO stuff can flow as much as that stock 302 is capable of. I have found too many speed parts that are only good at full throttle and ignore drivability issues that they cause.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
Efi

If you are runnuing a basically stock 320 you can use Stcok 87 -93 mustang intakes throttly bodies and yes even the speed ensity control system. It wil work just fine and will save you money. No need to look for gt intakes, MAFs etc. Ita all big enough for a stock 302, especially street driven or off road.

Recko555

I just swapped all the stock stuff from a '89 mustang on my stock flat tappet motor. Works great.