• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Electric fuel valve

lewain

I am thinking about replacing my manual fuel valve with an electric fuel valve.
My question is, that looking at the PDF installation sheet on Wild Horse's it appears to me that when connected, the dash mounted selector switch will draw from the opposite tank than the way the selector switch is marked.
Does that make sense? Am I looking at the drawing wrong?

khmt

No experience with WH’s system, but if you are looking at converting to EFI as well, Holley has a dual tank solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Don't know the instructions. But if that is the case, swap some hoses around will fix it.

armynavy17

Contributor
I haven't looked at the directions you reference in a few months, but the new electric valves are "fail to main". So if the switch fails or the wiring to the valve fails it will default to the main tank. Does that help?

OP
OP
lewain

lewain

I just want to replace my old mechanical valve under the drivers seat with the Wild Horses electric tank selector valve. No electric pumps, sticking with the mechanical fuel pump on the engine.