• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Electrical estimate?

texfire

Loc.
LTOWN, TEXAS
Hi again,

This time it's electrical. I need an estimate on how much someone would charge for parts and labor for the installation of the wipers (1966 didn't have electric) and the whole dash panel (speedometer, and the rest of the gauges) including the installation of the stereo system plus the wiring prepped for the speakers. Any electricians out there or anyone that recently had electrical work done if you could please help me out, so I could make sure I'm not getting screwed I'd much appreciate it...

Thanks in advance, Texfire

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
WH electric wiper kit is about 200, freshened up speedo/gauge cluster is about the same. Add in some wiring for all of it and probably 3 hrs of labor - I'd guess 675-800ish. Pretty easy project - worth doing yourself IMO.

Incognito

Loc.
Key West, Florida
Wiring

Wiring is a pain. It is time consuming and sometimes best ledt to a pro.

On the below dash I cut the holes and set up the dash and made harnesses for each gauge using weather pak 4 prong connectors (light power,light ground, gauge power, gauge ground) the sender was the final wire for each. I made up the harnesses and power block and ground block and had a guy do the final install and wire up my front lights, rear lights, air compressor and it was $1,000 exactly in labor.It was a lot of tedious work, soldering and checking and rechecking, Then making it all clean.

Attachments

• Dash2.JPG
    Dash2.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Dash1.JPG
    Dash1.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 24