• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

engine dies

komodo72

Loc.
Tennessee
today i was driving threw a parking lot. engine was nice warm and hit a speed bump and then my freaking engine died. its never died before. it takes jolts bigger than that all the time off road and never dies. what coulda happened???? its a good ole 302 and is a manual trans. i think my foot was on the clutch too not sure though (pretty sure it was)

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Well I think we need more info. Did it start back up or did it poop the bed all together?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Sounds electric check the small wires going to the coil they tend to rub through and short the coil and sometimes they pop off.

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
[quote author=komodo72 link=board=5;threadid=12384;start=0#91992 date=1040082542]<br>today i was driving threw a parking lot. engine was nice warm and hit a speed bump and then my freaking engine died. its never died before. it takes jolts bigger than that all the time off road and never dies. what coulda happened???? its a good ole 302 and is a manual trans. i think my foot was on the clutch too not sure though (pretty sure it was)<br>[/quote]<br><br>First time it ever happen??<br><br>If not I would say ignition is loose somewhere...

OP
OP
komodo72

komodo72

Loc.
Tennessee
well it happened once a while back when i first got it going over a railroad track. didnt think anything of it back then cuz i just learned how to drive the stick. but it happened the other day and makes me wonder. yah it started right back up after i turned the key twice.

71pony

Loc.
SLC Utah
My 351 C does the same thing every now and then. It drove me nuts trying to figure it out, But Rusty Truck is right , the little coil supply wires come loose enough to just stall the engine then be able to start it right up. I crimped the buggers on for good now...

OP
OP
komodo72

komodo72

Loc.
Tennessee
thx guys for the help. now all i gotta do is figure out what the heck this stuff is that yall are talking about... btw i took her out to a nice big parking lot with lots of speed bumps today, and i couldnt get it to do it again. however once i figure out what your talking about im gunna fix em up.

acnflorida

myine was doing ot and it took it about 6 months to stop. Thats when it finally wouldn't start again. it was the pickup coil in the duraspark distributor. dropped in a MSD and she purrrs now. Not once has it died in 3 months.