• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Engine Temp???

tml

Loc.
Ontario, Canada
My temp read 200 degrees today for the first time. 351 windsor. Mostly it stays around 180-190. It seems to drop when I slow down. I would think that going faster would decrease the temp no?? Is there a need for concern? Could my timing be off a little.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
What t-stat are you running. One with a lower temp will slow the flow down at higher speed to let it cool longer in the radiator

ransil

Bronco Guru
Lower T-stat would cause shorter "soak" time in the rad, It would be open most of the time.

Fan is only used under 20 mph, over 20 is "ram air".

Winch & other coolers block air flow. Air will take the least path of resistance. seal up the area around your rad to force more air thru it.

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
Unless your running an explorer serp set up you won't have a fan clutch. They don't come on EBs. 200 degrees isn't hot. It could just have been an air bubble or something. Hot is over 225. over 210 is the yellow zone. Over 250 is OMG do something to cool it down.
Tom

oldiron

Bronco Guru
Clean your system

A safe bet would be that the radiator could use a good cleaning. Remove it and flush it well, also flush the rest of the system in reverse (with the heater control valve in the open position). Bet that'll take care of it.
Greg