• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ethanol-Free Gas

Texas9902

Loc.
Dallas (Lakewood)
Anyone know where you can get Ethanol-free gas in or near Dallas? Previously, you could get it at Addison Airport, but not anymore.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Why won't the airport well anymore? Technically it is illegal (tax violation) to fill a car at the airport. But if you walk in with gas cans they have always been willing to well to me.

Dallas is in an emissions area. All the fuel sold at gas stations is required to be oxygenated and all comes from the same source. When it goes into the transport to the stations is when the additive packages proprietary to that stations brand is added. That website listed above has more holes in it than a Michigan Bronco that was used as a snow plow.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
That website listed above has more holes in it than a Michigan Bronco that was used as a snow plow.

Holes you say......I know it's correct for my location. I drive by one of the stations daily and it is 100% gas. I buy all the gas for all my small engines, 4 wheeler and my 69 Mach 1 there.

Tim

lsukevinc

Loc.
Holly Springs
I was in new Orleans for business last week and stopped for a soda at a new Racetrack gas station. I typically don't buy their gas, but their new stations now have an extra hose for non ethanol gas. I was impressed. I too only put 100% in my bronco and all small engines.

BRONCROB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WISNER LA.
Holes you say......I know it's correct for my location. I drive by one of the stations daily and it is 100% gas. I buy all the gas for all my small engines, 4 wheeler and my 69 Mach 1 there.

Tim

Funny you say that because I used the site on a trip to Iowa and found one rigjt off of 40 in Conway headed up through Harrison.I made the entire trip on reg. gas using the site.I'm sure some stations have changed in some parts of the country but for the most part it has led me to reg. gas all over the place.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Funny you say that because I used the site on a trip to Iowa and found one rigjt off of 40 in Conway headed up through Harrison.I made the entire trip on reg. gas using the site.I'm sure some stations have changed in some parts of the country but for the most part it has led me to reg. gas all over the place.

I'm guessing the Sinclair on Hwy 64. That's my go-to station. Bout 2 miles form the house.

Tim

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
If you guys down there have HY-Vee grocery stores,their fill stations have ethanol free premium :cool:

OP
OP
Texas9902

Texas9902

Loc.
Dallas (Lakewood)
Apparently, I was not the first person to ask the Addison Airport to "fill my cans," they knew exactly what I wanted it for. Also, tried to rent a hanger to use as storage/garage--asked me where's my plane. I don't have a plane. So they would not rent to me. Someone has tried that too.

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Do they not sell pure gas at farm supply stores in TX?

Around here you can usually get pure gas at any co-op type farm equipment place. It's my understanding that most farm equipment engines that run gasoline can be seriously damaged by ethanol, so they keep it handy for farmers.

Some of those places around here have been putting up huge fuel bays, with very nice pumps, you can pick from many grades both with and without ethanol. Boaters love it, they have to have it and marinas gouge the heck out of it.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Unless your car is a seasonal toy, I don't see the reason for going to the trouble of finding and paying the added expense for ethanol free gas. My fuel pump, and new Edelbrock carb are rated for the 10% ethanol. I haven't had an issue yet. But then, our Bronco probably gets driven more than most. Pure gas is available here but the only thing I've used it in is my power equipment.

BRONCROB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WISNER LA.
Unless your car is a seasonal toy, I don't see the reason for going to the trouble of finding and paying the added expense for ethanol free gas. My fuel pump, and new Edelbrock carb are rated for the 10% ethanol. I haven't had an issue yet. But then, our Bronco probably gets driven more than most. Pure gas is available here but the only thing I've used it in is my power equipment.

Lol.......

nrramse

X2 - I've been using 10% for many years with no problems, except slightly less fuel economy.