• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

exhaust eixt??

basher13

Loc.
East of Renton
Looking for ideas on where to exit my exhaust. I'm doin a two into one and not running a tailgate or rear hatch on the hard top. Not wanting to fill the rig up with sleepy night night fumes on the trail or running down the highway, any thoughts?
Thinking behind passenger rear, though the quarter...
Thanks

farnorthdan

Loc.
Eagle River, Alaska
Did you mean "through" the quarter? if so i think that would look real good. i'm running 2 into 1 into an old cherry bomb, lots of leaks, loud and thinking about fixin this real soon. I want to do shorty headers 2 into 2 with flowmasters and dumping behind the rear tires, maybe a couple few inches past the panel. Hoping this will get the fumes out into air slip and away. this upgrade is pretty high on the list that and PS.

dan

OP
OP
basher13

basher13

Loc.
East of Renton
yea through, I sometimes have poblems with my R's.
Out the rear corner or dumps before the axle, before the axle just looks unfinished and builds up in traffic and slow trails. I'm thinkin out the back will just swirl back in...any thoughts?
Maybe I just answered my own question...

bblue

Loc.
Canada
exit behind the tires works good with no roof or doors I just replaced mine it dumps just before the diff. I hope it works there if not I still have the old tailpipes I just didn't want to use them as they are 1-3/4" and my new setup is 2-1/2"

BRONC-OH

Loc.
Wintergreen, Va.
Anywhere but straight out. My Bronco has duals running staight out and is almost unbearable to drive with the top on and windows up. This is definitly on my fix list.

I always thought through the quaters would be cool also.

RollTideMach

Loc.
Birmingham, AL
Im planning on taking mine out through the rear quarters about 1.5" behind the start of the rear fender. Using some polished stainless to trim the hole with stainless allen head bolts to secure it, and roush exhaust tips to finish it off.