• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

experience with wildhorses staggered 4 core

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
TonyPDX said:
I did my mounts, but I suspect your real question is who did the radiator modifications. I had Mac's in SE Portland do it. You can drop it off at any of Mac's shops but I think they all end up at the SE location to be welded. I took it straight there so I could explain exactly what I wanted to them.

The radiator I am running is about 19"x22".

Tony
Yes, that is what I meant. That size sounds suspiciously familiar.

OP
OP
C

CrazyHorse

Loc.
Clovis,Ca
Thank you

thank you all for your input. youve all been very helpfull! although I'm still deciding I am leaning toward the BC broncos RAD.. I am checking into the quality of the summit racing inhouse rads though. I also have to deal with the NEWLY installed 2" body lift I just did. I guess I will be lowering the shroud when I do get my new radiator, It seems easier. Thanks again everyone.

CRUZIN66

Loc.
SAN DIEGO
you can buy a universal ford 19x22 aluminum rad on e-bay for $140. works and fits great. 4 core mounts fit perfect.

ElJefe

Loc.
San Diego
Be very careful if you live near the beach, camp on the beach in Mexico, or live anywhere they salt the roads. The fins on the WH rad are paper thin. Think reynolds wrap thin. No... think IMITATION reynolds wrap thin... the generic stuff. After 6 months by the beach in San Diego, I could stick a screw driver through the WH rad and run it from one tank to the other and watch the fins dissappear into so much green dust. The only metal left after only 6 months were the fins right behind my tranny cooler. Those cores are probably made for some candy-arse propane burning forklift leading a sheltered life stocking shelves in a costco wherehouse somewhere. They are not well suited for life on the road. And after disolving in only 6 months, WH wouldn't replace it under warranty. Trying to get money back from WH is like trying to get cake from a fat kid. But that's just my opinion... I could be wrong...

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
ElJefe said:
Be very careful if you live near the beach, camp on the beach in Mexico, or live anywhere they salt the roads. The fins on the WH rad are paper thin. Think reynolds wrap thin. No... think IMITATION reynolds wrap thin... the generic stuff. After 6 months by the beach in San Diego, I could stick a screw driver through the WH rad and run it from one tank to the other and watch the fins dissappear into so much green dust. The only metal left after only 6 months were the fins right behind my tranny cooler. Those cores are probably made for some candy-arse propane burning forklift leading a sheltered life stocking shelves in a costco wherehouse somewhere. They are not well suited for life on the road. And after disolving in only 6 months, WH wouldn't replace it under warranty. Trying to get money back from WH is like trying to get cake from a fat kid. But that's just my opinion... I could be wrong...
Same thing happens around here from road salt. The only good thing is it's not as warm to rot the aluminum as fast.

Quick & Dirty

They must be making them different now, because I've been using my Bronco as a winter beater in Wisconsin for the last 12 years, 6 of them with the WH radiator and it still looks great. (the body and frame is another story) Once after a 600 mile road trip I had so much salt on it my brother in law asked me if I had painted it. You couldn't even tell it was red underneath.

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
I know all of you are talking lower cost radiators, but I have to chime in and mention that I now run the new Duff aluminum radiator. It has surpassed everything I have thrown at it and more. With 450 HP, I produce alot of heat and seem to always run at 190 degrees or less.