• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

explorer conversion Upper radiator hose problem

recoiljunky

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan, AL. USA
It looks fine, but the motor is still not ready to crank so I can't verify.

If I remember, I'll snap a picture of it tonight and post it. It would be the very best picture of this set up I have seen; my fan and shroud are still off.

recoiljunky

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan, AL. USA
Explorer Serpentine Lower Radiator Hose

Ok, here's pictures of the cross over lower radiator hose sold by BC Broncos as installed on my 351W blocked, monster motor mount equipped, 2" body lifted 76 Bronco.

My buddy wrapped all that padded tape around the pipe. He said it would keep the cross member from rubbing a hole in the pipe. I didn't stop him in time.

DSC01919.jpg

DSC01920.jpg

DSC01921.jpg

DSC01923.jpg

DSC01922.jpg

DSC01924.jpg

recoiljunky

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan, AL. USA
351W Explorer Serpentine Belt Without Air

Here's how I've routed my Explorer Serpentine belt without air. The motor started out as a 351W but has been bored and stroked and uses Edelbrock heads. I used an 87" serpentine belt, part number 060870. The "6" indicates that the belt is for 6 groove pulleys and the "870" describes the length. If you are using a 302 or hugely different heads, your belt length may be different. Mine is very snug and could not have been any shorter.

It has not been cranked, so take this for what it's worth. A real mechanic may come by and tell us that it's routed wrong. Until then:

DSC01926.jpg

Last edited:

recoiljunky

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan, AL. USA
how did you get the 302 stuff to fit the 351?

Many parts on 302s and 351Ws are interchangeable, including heads. The Explorer brackets mount to the heads. Water pumps are interchangeable too.

It was really a smooth install. I wish I could get my upper radiator hose straightened out though.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
A little credit where do: I beleive Toddz is the originator of the lower pipe idea. Many make it, but it's Toddz's creation. I hope he is making a few bucks off of it too!

Ben