• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer Fan to shroud side clearances

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just finished up making the aluminum extension shroud to the stock shroud (Much harder than it looks).
-I have about 7/16" side clearance on the Driver side upper corner where the aluminum tucks inside the shroud.
-Should I place that piece on the outside of the shroud? Will give me about 5/8", which it what I have on the passenger upper side.
Thanks in advance.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Not quite understanding what alum tucks inside the shroud? Isn't the shroud one pc? I would prefer a smooth continuous pc inside the shroud.

I have almost the thickness of a finger all the way around my fan to shroud. Not much, but when wheeling hard it clears.

Depends on motor mount condition, extreme rock crawling (frame twisting), and radiator mount construction.

OP
OP
B

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Brian. The shroud extension was the one in the explorer serp conversion write up. I will get a pic uploaded today. I did end up moving the one section to the outside of the factory shroud

OP
OP
B

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This should work, I hope. Lol

Attachments

• PXL_20240527_225502283.jpg
    PXL_20240527_225502283.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 42

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
That will probably work because you arent maxxing out the cooling system however, the fan should protrude in to the shroud appr halfway.

OP
OP
B

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Brian. I am right about half way in the shroud. The little black marks on the fan arey.half way points.