• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer powers steering plimbing

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Seems like there was annadapter available from one of the vendors but i cant seem to find it. Lets the stock bronco line adapt into the explorer pump anyone know or remember?

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Paul, good to know there's a source for those fittings. I've been getting them from Lee's here in SoCal, but they've closed.

Mark

OP
OP
Crush

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Thanks pail. If that goes from the stock bronco pressure hose to the explorer pump ( and it looks like it does) then its right on. Ill be ordering one today

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Thanks pail. If that goes from the stock bronco pressure hose to the explorer pump ( and it looks like it does) then its right on. Ill be ordering one today

Does not go to the stock EB pressure hose. It adapts the Explorer pump to -6.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Paul, good to know there's a source for those fittings. I've been getting them from Lee's here in SoCal, but they've closed.

Mark

Lee is not completely closed yet.
I ordered two sets today.

OP
OP
Crush

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post

Well crap. So is there not one to adapt to a stock bronco hose?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post

Well crap. So is there not one to adapt to a stock bronco hose?

Seems to me that what most people do for that is take both hoses to a hydraulic hose shop and have the hoses custom made.
They take the fittings needed from the ends and connect them with new hose.

If you do that you might want to get an extra hose for a spare made if you can get the hoses to start with from junkyards and or vendors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crush

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
The problem im having is the stock explorer hose has too big a bend at the too is hitting my hood. So i need a tighter bend to clear. The stock bronco one is perfect but needs an adapter. I think what we have come up with is to use the adapter which my hydaulic shop has and then use an fitting that with a sharp 90 to get the clearance i need. Once i showed them the adapter from wild horses they said. " oh. We have that". Lol. Somthey gave me one to bring home and make sure it seats correctly. which it does and now they are will make me a hose monday. Im just a nats ass from gettin this this to fire up!!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
The problem im having is the stock explorer hose has too big a bend at the too is hitting my hood. So i need a tighter bend to clear. The stock bronco one is perfect but needs an adapter. I think what we have come up with is to use the adapter which my hydaulic shop has and then use an fitting that with a sharp 90 to get the clearance i need. Once i showed them the adapter from wild horses they said. " oh. We have that". Lol. Somthey gave me one to bring home and make sure it seats correctly. which it does and now they are will make me a hose monday. Im just a nats ass from gettin this this to fire up!!

Elsewhere on this forum I have seen Tom Lee quoted as saying that the sharp 90 fittings cause a lot of problems with flow.
He strongly recommends using bent tubing instead of fittings for going around corners.

OP
OP
Crush

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
They are bent tubing just that they are a "true 90" instead of a "street 90". Its not a 90* fitting per say. I just used the wrong terminology. Thanks

js521

I took the stock Explorer line and cut it off. Tig welded the steel tube to a fitting that the Ford hose for the 4x4x2 will mate with. Now have a steel fitting on pump end. If hose ever fails it's a stock hose.

OP
OP
Crush

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Got it all plumbed. Now just gotta get the damn thing running to see how well it works. Lol

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Elsewhere on this forum I have seen Tom Lee quoted as saying that the sharp 90 fittings cause a lot of problems with flow.
He strongly recommends using bent tubing instead of fittings for going around corners.
I know that I've quoted him as telling me that. The words used were fairly strong!

I prefer the -6 option on both the pump and the box because then it is field repairable and not some custom or rare part.