• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer Radiator Fan and Clutch Only Swap Possible?

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I need the cooling benefits of the Explorer fan and clutch, but not sure I want to dive into the full serpentine replacement at this point.

Is it possible to just install the fan and clutch? Adapters etc?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
You could possibly make an adapter by cutting the hub off an explorer water pump then adapting it to bolt onto the stock wp hub. Probably end up being too long to fit though. The short explorer timing cover and water pump are short for a reason.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can be wrong. It pretty sure it s too big
There is a jaguar fan from clutch Hayden the is the shortest and that was even to big for my stock set up. Great idea

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
^^^What they said. I went to the local pick n pull and grabbed all mine last year. There was plenty of explorers to pick from, got bolts from several donors, and went ahead and grabbed the alternator, AC compressor, and PS pump as well. I purchased a Flow Cool WP and had to trim my timing cover from the explorer due to the WP just lightly hitting. You've been on here a long time, you know the benefits, time to just break down and get it done. I'd replace your radiator with a champion one, and get their half shroud to keep the flow of air nice.
My .02

Forrest