• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

extending radius arms with 3.5" lift

jonlorio

I would like to extend my radius arms to get better alignment. I am running a 3.5" lift with stock radius arms. How much should I extend the arms by?

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You shouldn't need extended radius arms for a 3.5" lift. Use 7* C bushings and you should be okay. Well, at least that worked for me...:)

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
you just want longer arms for your alignment? as mentioned just c bushings should be enough or radius arm drop brackets. (i personally dont like the drop brackets for wheeling. however it is one of a few options)

Longer radius arms can be a fun DIY project that cost very little money but a ton of time or tons of cash and some bolting and welding of new hardware.

the longer radius arms are typically sought after for better flex and articulation on the trails. retaining your stock radius arms should provide a more stable street ride though. Dont qoute me on that! ive heard plenty of guys feel little to no difference in ride handling when using longer radius arms.

another bushing you might want to consider if you want to keep your stock radius arms are the 10 degree bushings that go on at the back end of the radius arm where it bolts to the frame. use these in conjunction with the 7 degree c bushings.

OP
OP
J

jonlorio

another bushing you might want to consider if you want to keep your stock radius arms are the 10 degree bushings that go on at the back end of the radius arm where it bolts to the frame. use these in conjunction with the 7 degree c bushings.

maybe I'll try this...I am running 7*'s now.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
I've read on this and reportedly longer arms actually help on road too. I've got some cage arms but 5.5" lift and huge tires so it rides like crap. You may run zero degree bushings with 3.5" lift and long arms.

dixieboyz13

Loc.
Johns Island
I am running 7* c-bushings, and the degreed radius arm bushings from WH with my 3 1/2" lift and stock radius arms. I love it. The degreed radius arm bushings made a huge difference in the ride quality as there is not as much tension on the radius arms with the lift.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
BC broncos offers the 10 degree bushing kit. I use that with the 7 degree c bushings. Im pretty happy with it.

HollywoodC

I bought James Duff's 3.5" suspension kit and it came with the 6.25° Bushing kit.
I can tell by the drive that my Caster is off.
Is a 0.75° difference from 7° close enough or should I get the 10° kit or just replace it with a ture 7° C Bushing?

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I bought James Duff's 3.5" suspension kit and it came with the 6.25° Bushing kit.
I can tell by the drive that my Caster is off.
Is a 0.75° difference from 7° close enough or should I get the 10° kit or just replace it with a ture 7° C Bushing?

what is it that you feel that tells you the caster is off? I honestly am curious since I have the 10 degree kit and 7 degree wedges on and I think my bronco drives fine.