• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

extending radius arms

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I have been searching for quite some time now and cannot find the thread on extending stock arms. I have just discovered that the whacky radius arm drop brackets are trashed on big red, the passenger side is bending and cracking and I need some new mounts, in order to fit them I will need to extend the arms. I also need to find the cheapest easiest way to have new mounts.

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
I have been searching for quite some time now and cannot find the thread on extending stock arms. I have just discovered that the whacky radius arm drop brackets are trashed on big red, the passenger side is bending and cracking and I need some new mounts, in order to fit them I will need to extend the arms. I also need to find the cheapest easiest way to have new mounts.

The thread on extensions would be us www.stonecrushersteering.com We can also help you with some heavy duty frame mounts. Drop me a line at anthony@stonecrushersteering.com and we can get you quote with shipping and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks, Anthony.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
thanks I was already considering the stone crusher extensions but what about mounts what is that gonna cost me?

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
I just got done doing mine. They send you the link for Ballistic fabrication its like another 30 bills or so. I have attached the pics of boxing them in... It seems like it will work well. I just used box tube, and filled the gaps welding.

Attachments

• P1010081.jpg
    P1010081.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 70
  • P1010076.jpg
    P1010076.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 193
  • P1010077.jpg
    P1010077.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 134

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
Last edited:

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
Pow, thats the picture I was trying to find from mine... It also has a bottom plate for it.

Yep. Here is a bottom view. Again, we could build them but they would cost the same or more...kind of like the track bar riser. I've installed a few sets and really like them.

Last edited:

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I just got a used set of stock radius arms that I plan to turn into long arms and started searching old posts for ideas. Has anyone bent the arms to allow more tire clearance? I know that some of the long arms available are made this way but I have not seen anyone do this on a homemade set of arms.

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
I just got a used set of stock radius arms that I plan to turn into long arms and started searching old posts for ideas. Has anyone bent the arms to allow more tire clearance? I know that some of the long arms available are made this way but I have not seen anyone do this on a homemade set of arms.

I've seen some that were put into a press and bent about 10*. The bend was about 6" to 8" behind the C head. I'm not sure but I would think at least a 20ton press would be needed but a torch and a 12 ton might do.

Scrapper_MV

Hey Nick, I've got a 220 MIG at my house you're welcome to if you need to weld those brackets on. Let me know.

357Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Hampsha
I bought two sets of Stonecrusher's, and was happy with them. I usually make stuff like that , but was pressed for time and didn't have the material on hand ( I buy steel at 20' lengths, that's allot of arm extensions ). There's pics in my gallery of the mounts I made, using some 4" flat stock and 1" tubing for spacers.

AZ69EB

1sicbronconut,

How do you like your extended radius arms?

Will they help with caster?

How are the street manners with 6" over stock?

How about articulation off road?

Will you make it out to the AZ Stampede this year?

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Has anyone bent the arms to allow more tire clearance? I know that some of the long arms available are made this way but I have not seen anyone do this on a homemade set of arms.

I've got a spare set that I'm planning on bending this spring. If I can still use the press that was offered last fall I'll do that. Otherwise I'll jig them up and use a torch and a cheater bar. I'm planning on doing a z-bend but haven't devoted much time to actually designing what I need yet.

450rbronco

if i have stock length arms now and 3.5 inch lift and want to convert to long arms do i need to change the c bushings to correct caster or doesnt it make big difference