• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Extreme Radiator

JCBronco74

Loc.
Covington, Georgia
I just installed a 4 core radiator from extremeradiators.com. So far I like it. On the way home last night, About 10:30pm, it stayed around 150* @ 65 to 70 mph. It was getting up to 210-230 before at that speed. Yes, I was in a hurry to get home. (I get up at 4:00am to go to work.) I will test it when I get home this afternoon at slower speeds. I also moved the flex fan closer to the radiator. Can a flex fan go bad? Lose it's pitch? Mine looks a bit flat. I'm also thinking about changing to a smaller waterpump pully.

Landshark

Loc.
California
JCBronco74 said:
I just installed a 4 core radiator from extremeradiators.com. So far I like it. On the way home last night, About 10:30pm, it stayed around 150* @ 65 to 70 mph. It was getting up to 210-230 before at that speed. Yes, I was in a hurry to get home. (I get up at 4:00am to go to work.) I will test it when I get home this afternoon at slower speeds. I also moved the flex fan closer to the radiator. Can a flex fan go bad? Lose it's pitch? Mine looks a bit flat. I'm also thinking about changing to a smaller waterpump pully.

Are you running a thermostat? Reason, small block Fords
should run at a normal temp around 185.

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
You want to be careful running it that cool for too long. The oil doesn't get up to normal operating temp until about 180-185*, and won't protect your engine from wear.

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
When you run the heater you bypass the thermostat, so it's not uncommon for the engine to run at less than optimal temperature with the heater running. I'm gonna guess the heater was on for a trip to work at 4 am.
Tom