• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fab Fords 05 pics

joshuatrapp

Loc.
San Jose, CA
Hey thanks for snapping those pictures Downhill... especially of one tantilizer. :)

And Wayne... yeah I noticed that, along with nearly everyone else's roll cages/roll bars that bolt to the body and not welded to the frame. That makes my head roll. I dont understand that concept, but to each their own.

Mark@Wildhorses

DownhillManiac99 said:
FFF this year was awesome. I almost didnt go becuase of a little argument me and the dad had at 6 in the morning. I think anyone would agree that a high school kid is going to be groggy at 6 on the weekend... %) Anyways I didnt get as many pics as I wanted because my battery was running low since I forgot to charge them the night before. (IDIOT!) Heres what I got:

I met a lot of new people this year from here and So Cal and recognized a lot of old faces. TODD Z IS THE MAN! I dunno how much I can thank you, but that picture is awesome.

I like the first picture ;D

As for Todd Z, he's a first rate guy!

Mark

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
Mark@Wildhorses said:
I like the first picture ;D

As for Todd Z, he's a first rate guy!

Mark

I dont know if you remember, but me and my dad were probably the first people to talk to you at the show. The old man was telling of his Stroppe modified and yada yada.

68ford

Bronco Guru
anyone on hear ever ride in or see that rockyroads bronco drive? the one with quarter eliptic rear leaf springs. ive seen the videos on the website and the rear looks to be better than the coilover front.

Mark@Wildhorses

DownhillManiac99 said:
I dont know if you remember, but me and my dad were probably the first people to talk to you at the show. The old man was telling of his Stroppe modified and yada yada.

Hi! Yes I do remember you & you're Dad. I always like hearing about Stroppe Stories, that's another part about
going to these events is to learn the History of the Bronco.
I can't wait until next year for the fortith anniversery, I hope they have the Bronco as the main event.

Mark

watfab

Loc.
Silt Colorado
68ford said:
about the black rock crawler, you guys notice how the rear coilovers went through the inner fenderwells and mounted to the rollcage, but the roll cage is only mounted to the floor and not to the frame? seems real sketchy to me all the rear weight hanging from the body and not real close to the body mounts even ?:? and dangerous too!

I am not done yet ;) gonna tie the cage and the rock ski's all to the frame in one shot. If you looked close you would have seen the plates are all ready bolted onto the under side of the body for the tie ins. The body is sandwiched in between the cage plate mounts and the frame tie in mounts in 8 places by 6"x 6" x 1/4" plates. I didn't build it for jumping (ref:your avitar) but rather nice slow crawling. You got a good eye for seeing that though..... ;D

As for dangerous.... I'm not the one Jumping an early bronco, man :eek: ;D

Wade

68ford

Bronco Guru
i was just concerned because if your floor let loose, those bad boys are pointed right for your back :-[ ive talked to people who naturally think the rear would be ok like that because its lighter, but mine is only about 200 lb lighter in the rear. but your shock mounts and mine both see equal abuse, neither of our bottom the shock, with my setup the hydro bumpstop takes all load for the last 4inches of travel.
dangerous? hows it dangerous if i cant feal it land, it must be meant to do that then. ;)

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
wadensd said:
I am not done yet ;) gonna tie the cage and the rock ski's all to the frame in one shot. If you looked close you would have seen the plates are all ready bolted onto the under side of the body for the tie ins. The body is sandwiched in between the cage plate mounts and the frame tie in mounts in 8 places by 6"x 6" x 1/4" plates. I didn't build it for jumping (ref:your avitar) but rather nice slow crawling. You got a good eye for seeing that though..... ;D

As for dangerous.... I'm not the one Jumping an early bronco, man :eek: ;D

Wade

Wade, are you gonna have those rockers done before Bdaze?

joshuatrapp

Loc.
San Jose, CA
68ford said:
i was just concerned because if your floor let loose, those bad boys are pointed right for your back :-[ ive talked to people who naturally think the rear would be ok like that because its lighter, but mine is only about 200 lb lighter in the rear. but your shock mounts and mine both see equal abuse, neither of our bottom the shock, with my setup the hydro bumpstop takes all load for the last 4inches of travel.
dangerous? hows it dangerous if i cant feal it land, it must be meant to do that then. ;)

Wayne, you gotta get that shock fixed soon- I'm getting really eager to see your suspension.

watfab

Loc.
Silt Colorado
68ford said:

If the floor let loose the seats and the cage would all come out as one unit, ejection cage style. ;D
I see your point and appreciate the concern. Like I said I will be finishing the tie ins soon.

68ford

Bronco Guru
wadensd said:
If the floor let loose the seats and the cage would all come out as one unit, ejection cage style. ;D
I see your point and appreciate the concern. Like I said I will be finishing the tie ins soon.

i could only imagine the look on your face, but i would hate to see it at the same time.
josh, shocks got torn down last night and blitzkrieg ordered the parts today, probably get it done next week, and about p/s, west coast has that f150 with 4x4 shaft inside it,box. i think thats the way to go, i like those the best even over factory bolt in. drill one holl and its big but not huge and its on the outside of the frame, so no bumpsteer.

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
I'll let him tell the story. Ive never heard it either but according to other members on here its been through a lot. Oh and by the way, its tantalizing turqoise LOL. ;D

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
NicksTrix said:
ok all you west coasters. please show the rest of us some of your pics of the event and angellos if you went before hand.
someday i'd love to make it out for that event.
what was new & hot this year?
thanks
nick

www.NicksTrix.classicbroncos.com

Nick:

Here are some shots of new stuff I saw: this is Gary Yorston's new stainless steel windshield frame on Steve Sampson's truck.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 38

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
NicksTrix said:
ok all you west coasters. please show the rest of us some of your pics of the event and angellos if you went before hand.
thanks
nick

And here's a shot of the tie rod/drag link intersection on Chuck's new heim joint steering linkage, as featured on Jason's Bronco.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
NicksTrix said:
thanks
nick

OK, so the steering linkage photo was too big to post. Here's Duff's new front plate bumper.

Anyhoo, Chuck is introducing a new heim joint steering linkage.

Duff's has a new set of lift-off door hinges that will retail for about $175/pair. They look like a good quality piece, oilite bushings, etc. They will be zinc-plated.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• PICT0050.JPG
    PICT0050.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 25

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
toddz69 said:
OK, so the steering linkage photo was too big to post. Here's Duff's new front plate bumper.

Anyhoo, Chuck is introducing a new heim joint steering linkage.

Duff's has a new set of lift-off door hinges that will retail for about $175/pair. They look like a good quality piece, oilite bushings, etc. They will be zinc-plated.

Todd Z.

That was obviously the rear!

Todd Z.