• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Factory 16" wheels, what colors?

muskrat

Bronco Guru
There are a number of things in the early promo ads that never made into production. Speculation here, but they may have released pics of various configurations to gauge public reaction which ultimately determined some of the production items. There are several variations of how the grille was painted with only one making it into production, as far as any solid evidence goes. I'm with ford man - I've never seen a black steel wheel that claimed to be from factory. Most cars during that period and prior had the steel wheels under hub caps painted body color.

Scoop, you being a red wheeled guy on a black body, I've always wondered how black rims would look.