• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Failed inspection

kaw550

Bronco Guru
In order to pass my state inspection I need to either add flares or change my tires.

I have the older fiberglass flares on the rear with uncut front fenders.
Do they require cutting the fenders?
Are there any that do not?

My other option is to buy a set us smaller rims/tires. Anyone recognize the ones in the attached picture? Do they look like a f150 wheel? If so, would they fit? I can measure the bolt circle but I am concerned with the backspacing. The owner is not really sure shat they are off of.

I really do not want to deal with a second set of wheels or cut my fenders but I have to do something.

I also failed because it was too loud, one high beam needs adjustment and the wiper I pieced together broke during the inspection.

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 19

BRONCOSOUR

Those Are 97 And Up F150 Wheel. 5 On 130mm Pattern. Sorry They Will Not Fit. Borroy Some A Friend If You Can. 96 And Down F150 Or Bronco. Or 5 Lug Dodge. Good Luck.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Travis, have a set of factory steel wheels with the trimrings and center caps you can use as long as you would like. Got a picture of what they are talking about being too wide?

Heus33

Bronco Guru
You forgot about your other option: find another inspection center.

Or there's always the "whoops, I seemed to have dropped a $20.00 bill on the ground..."

saxman

Loc.
Austin, TX
Tell the inspection guy to use his decibel meter while the engine is off. Then it should pass!~ :)

OP
OP
kaw550

kaw550

Bronco Guru
Thanks Tasker!
I'll be in touch. It is going to take a few weeks before the exhaust is done.

Decible meter??? He said he thought it sounded too loud so he got an older guy from the shop to listen to it. He said he was driving in the 70's so he knows how loud the cars were. I was going to fight that but I need to have a couple of pipes made so I will probably just swap them out.

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
Thanks Tasker!

Decible meter??? He said he thought it sounded too loud so he got an older guy from the shop to listen to it. He said he was driving in the 70's so he knows how loud the cars were. I was going to fight that but I need to have a couple of pipes made so I will probably just swap them out.

Yeah right. %) %) Very scientific way to go about it.:eek:

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
For noise levels, the requirement should be stated in dB's, with the measurement device a certain distance from the exhaust and the engine running at a certain rpm.

For the tire problem, just borrow a set of stockers, have it inspected, then go back to your regular tires. (Or make a temporary mount for some mudflaps)

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
Thanks Tasker!

Haha, I bet he sets his timing like I do, too. :p

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Haha, I bet he sets his timing like I do, too. .......Runs like a top too huh?

Sorry, Twinkle toes....just had too!

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
How far do your tires stick out beyond the sides of your Bronco?

Most flares require the front to be cut. I don't know of any that don't. If you already have the rear cut, why don't you just find front flares to match the back? Did they say if the rear tires and flares were legal?

Pictures also may help.

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl
Those Are 97 And Up F150 Wheel. 5 On 130mm Pattern. Sorry They Will Not Fit. Borroy Some A Friend If You Can. 96 And Down F150 Or Bronco. Or 5 Lug Dodge. Good Luck.

I respectfully disagree. I believe those are early '90s Dodge wheels which will fit fine with a little grinding out of the center hub, IIRC.

And the 97-03 F-150 wheel was 5 on 135mm....not 130.

Attachments

• 111649_eeb9691b-f127-4042-970d-3c9cbc4e0427.jpg
    111649_eeb9691b-f127-4042-970d-3c9cbc4e0427.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 4