• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fender flare question

Broncocw

I have a set of white fiberglass flares for the rear. They are not painted. I'm going to paint them white. I would like to see some pics. Are people painting them Wimbledon ( off white ) or a bright white?

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Not sure if you're going retro with the fiberglass but they tend to crack where the mounting bolts or rivets go. That's why most now are urethane. The urethane flares are paintable too.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's a good question Broncocw. But I'm not sure how many pictures you'll get.
Because the fiberglass flares were already white, I bet very few got painted any version of white unless they were all beat up and/or faded and just got refurbished.
And at that point, most owners bought new flares instead. And then still may not have had them painted.
Then when they did, I bet too that most were painted body color instead. My original 'glass flares were painted Green to match the body.

Doesn't mean they're not out there though. A lot of members here have tried lots of different combinations of things.
Be interested to hear what people who painted theirs white used too.

Paul

Bdhand

Contributor
I have glass flares that I am going to install and they will be the same color as my top and dash which I plan on using bright white.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Wimbledon White Top and matching flares look best and more “correct” to me.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Flares

The fiberglass flares made by bronco design will not crack and are easier to paint.